Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yaz
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Probably been done before, but has anyone tried Yaz? good? bad? side effects? effects on training/racing??
I've been told the Estrogen content in it is less than most other pills so side effects aren't as bad.
cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Yaz [tapwater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I just saw a commercial on TV about a class action lawsuit for Yaz so I would do a bunch of research before going on it. I think other womens have written about it on here too, so please look into it first!
Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Yaz [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't know Yaz was anything more than a series of commercials ;)

Quote | Reply
I've been pretty happy with it. I've been on ortho tri cyclen, ortho tri cyclen lo, yasmin, and yaz ...Yaz has been the 'best' yet (been on it for 2.5 years). I don't have any problems maintaining or losing weight, my cycle is very very predictable, and I like that it is a low-dose pill. It took a few months for my cycle to stabilize, but now I will usually start friday night or saturday morning and be done by monday morning; it is always very light, too. On both of the orthos, I was stupidly heavy, two weeks on two weeks off; I was also moody and bloated. My skin looks good, too, as I was pretty acne prone in my late teens/early 20s, although that could be because I'm getting older (currently 24).

I can't comment on training/racing, as I don't have a baseline to compare to, but I haven't noticed anything. I know a lot of the women on here said they felt tons better when they stopped taking the pill, but since that is not something I am considering, I'd say Yaz is about as good as it is going to get for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second LeLoo's comments. I think that I've done almost every type of BC out there - (various pills, patch, ring, Depo) and found that Yaz was the "best" for me. I don't think that I saw a difference in training or performance but, until recently, I haven't been as consistent as now. I do feel like its a bit easier to lose weight now that I've stopped taking bc; however, I'm not sure if that has more to do with the bc or my consistency.

Also, with Yaz, be prepared for light periods. While taking it, my period barely lasted for a day and was barely there. I'd typically start Sunday afternoon and would start taking the next pill pack that day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my personal experience is this:

Did Ortho Tricyclen (sp?) for a long time, tried ortho lo, went to yasmin and then tried Yaz. Doc thought since I'm small and low body fat, etc, it would be good.

NO NO NO NO NO!

Some of the side effects of Yaz include, at least for me...: insatiable hunger :) That's nice for an athlete...as if I'm not hungry enough!

um, also... the ladies, well, they got WAY bigger... happy hubby, miserable me.

I am now very happily on Yasmin.

But it affects everyone differently...

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on it for 6 months, and I love it. If anything, I find it easier to maintain a consistent weight now, I never feel bloated, and training has been great with it. Prior to Yaz, I had an IUD, which was just a stupid move on my part since I have chronic anemia. Yaz seems to have helped that too -- everything has been much more consistent while on it: training, appetite, mood, etc. Periods are super light which is awesome! A while back I tried Mircette and absolutely hated it. Nothing but good things to say about Yaz for me, but to each her own for BC's! =)

-Amy
Powder7 Ski Shop, Golden, Colorado
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on YAZ and it was my favorite BCP. Aside from the new freaky commercials, I think it was great. No side effects really due to the low estrogen content.

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yaz's music is wonderful. Upstairs At Eric's should be in every music collection.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply