Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Diaper Rash
Quote | Reply
I'm still having difficulty going to the bathroom and wondering if Desitin is in order?

Since I was in pain during the marathon, should Desitin be my private-parts base layer if I don't plan to stop for ANYTHING?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: IM Diaper Rash [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a guy, but I use my son's desitin after long rides and runs.

normally the chaffing is gone the next day. =]

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha. At NOLA 70.3 they gave out boudreaux's butt paste in the registration packet. Best stuff ever post chafing. It's basically the southern Destin.

Not sir I'd use it before a race to prevent chafing, but I was healed 24 hours after applying it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had epic chafing after my first IM. The chamois from my tri shorts was outlined on my ass. It was horrible.

I now slather on Bodyglide and Aquaphor. I carry a little tube of Aquaphor on the run and whenever i feel a chafe coming on I smear it on and it goes away

aquaphor is really good for healing as well. Desitin works after the fact too if you don't want something greasy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YES to the Desitin
I also do ultras and I use this instead of more expensive body glide pretty much everwhere. That stuff does not wear off, even after super long stuff I am washing it off! I also put a layer on my feet before I put my socks on. If you are chaffed now down below it helps after the fact. But Desitin is I think by far the best anti chaffe stuff there is. I started putting it on my feet for blisters when I read that is what a lot of ballet dancers do....ok what they do is so different but it works on the feet and you know for sure it works where its supposed to! I also put a glob between my cheeks and no problems ever!
Quote Reply