Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Should I be concerned??
Quote | Reply
Curiously, at what point do you consult a doctor regarding a missed period (or become concerned)?

Just a bit of background - I trained for and did IMFL last weekend (it was my first IM) and I've been on Yaz (and other forms of birth control for years).

I stopped taking Yaz on Oct. 24 (well, that's when i took the last "reminder pill") and should have started my period on Oct. 25. While on the pill, I'm typically like clockwork - I'll start around noon on Sunday (the same day that I start my next pill pack) and my period will only last for about a day or so. Although I didn't start the next pill pack, I still haven't started my period. So far, I've done two pregnancy tests (one on the Monday/Tuesday before IMFL and another last night - both have been negative).

I don't think that stopping the pill had anything to do with me not starting my period. Could this just be the stress from training and then IMFL? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Should I be concerned?? [roxiegirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going through the exact same thing right now - went off the pill (Seasonique) in early Oct, got my period as expected and have not gotten it since (before going on the pill I was like clockwork). Only difference in our scenarios is that after a 10K swim at the end of Oct, I have been in "off season" mode. I have done two Pregnancy tests (both neg) and have no typical early pregnancy signs. I did some research online and here is what I found (note that I am not a doc).
The period you get while on the pill is called withdrawal bleeding, so it's not really your normal cycle/period. After getting off the pill it can take some time for your body to get back to it's normal cycle. From what I read, if you do not get your period within three months after your last "period" you should call your ob/gyn.

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read in what to expect when you are expecting that going off the pill can cause you to miss your first period. It's probably the high volume of training combined with going off the pill. If both tests were negative I would wait a week or so and take another one. If you don't get it the second month go see the dr. I'm sure it's nothing but crazy hormones. Keep us updated.

------------------------------------------------------------
I have failed at many things, but never in my desire to try again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
use the search function, this topic comes up about once a month

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Should I be concerned?? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Hahahaha.That's pretty funny TC.

Quote Reply
Re: Should I be concerned?? [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Hahahaha.That's pretty funny TC.

Yeah these threads stick around for around three days, cause a few headaches, then disappear.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply