Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"my" first tattoo
Quote | Reply
Say what you want about it, I am pretty excited about it.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/pace-of-chicago/

Thanks

David
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [tridaddy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spppaamm
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
spppaamm
I'd like to add to this "totally lame" and "go away"

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
spppaamm
I'd like to add to this "totally lame" and "go away"
It's just a long story about that. I think. I didn't take the time to read it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to support a fellow athlete who has worked very hard on their own to make something positive. It's negative jerks like you two that give the sport and sites like this a bad name. You are the people who should go away and grow the hell up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Way to support a fellow athlete who has worked very hard on their own to make something positive. It's negative jerks like you two that give the sport and sites like this a bad name. You are the people who should go away and grow the hell up

I am completely indifferent to whether someone does or does not want a tattoo to commemorate an IM. That said, you kind of asked for it here. The anti-tat sentiment at ST is well-documented. Plus, you said in your first post: "Say what you want about it." Now you're upset when somebody does just that? C'mon!

I think it looks great; and if you like it, that's all that matters. You're just not going to get validation here because the only people that care about posting in response to IM tat pictures are the ones who want to trash them.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Nov 3, 09 7:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh look! It asks for but does not like. Is that the waaambulance I hear? BTW, I have been wearing an mdot on my right calf since 1999. Wish I hadn't been. Regardless, didn't feel the need to write an article about it then spam the board.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know why, but it's always a bit amazing to me when someone invites opinions, and then trashes any opinion that doesn't agree with their view.

You'd think being a journalist/blogger/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit, especially one that has space on the trib site just might have developed a thicker skin over the years.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I never said that I don't support you. I do. I support every athlete. I do this sport because I want to sacrifice my own body as an attempt to promote a healthy lifestyle. I've gotten a handful of people to be more active and I'm very proud of this. I was just pointing out that this is blog spam/a lame attempt to just send a bunch of traffic to your website. Good luck with your triathlon adventures. Train hard, be safe, & Livestrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People are not jerks because they think your tattoo is lame. Did you really think you would be embraced and applauded by the masses for getting a triathlon tattoo? Really? You didn't exactly cure cancer, bring peace to the Middle East or end world hunger by getting a vain ink job.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [alex_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
People are not jerks because they think your tattoo is lame. Did you really think you would be embraced and applauded by the masses for getting a triathlon tattoo? Really? You didn't exactly cure cancer, bring peace to the Middle East or end world hunger by getting a vain ink job.

If I read the article correctly, someone else got a tattoo of the logo he devised. If you're gonna flame, flame correctly. :D

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's one T that commands respect. He wasn't called BA because he needed some sort of personal validation ....

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW, what ever happened to the "show me your tats" thread from last year? Did that get pulled, or does someone have a link to it?

I cried so hard at that thread, though I did feel kind of sorry for the guy.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You didn't exactly cure cancer, bring peace to the Middle East or end world hunger by getting a vain ink job.

does it hurt having a tattoo across a vain? i know that it can if the tattoo crosses the tendons
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [milkywaye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
You didn't exactly cure cancer, bring peace to the Middle East or end world hunger by getting a vain ink job.

does it hurt having a tattoo across a vain? i know that it can if the tattoo crosses the tendons

Heh, heh. If this misspelling (vein) was intentional, I get it. If not, it's even funnier.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vain/vanity: In conventional parlance, vanity is the excessive belief in one's own abilities or attractiveness to others

Vein: In the circulatory system, veins (from the Latin vena) are blood vessels that carry blood toward the heart.

Unless you were being ironic, your reply is an epic fail.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: "my" first tattoo [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
either way, dude's post is still spaaaaaaaam

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

all i can say is that they both have the same point score in scrabble
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And what was your point score in elementary English?

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

man, i sucked at english at school. i remember taking my english 'o' level and one of the questions was to describe what the word ZEST meant.

all i could think of was the bar of soap by the same name that was popular in the UK during the 80s.. so i replied; zest means.. lemon smelling deodorant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be one of the few, but nice tat, nice blog..keep tri-ing. :-)

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
man, i sucked at english at school. i remember taking my english 'o' level and one of the questions was to describe what the word ZEST meant.

all i could think of was the bar of soap by the same name that was popular in the UK during the 80s.. so i replied; zest means.. lemon smelling deodorant.
you do know that deodorant and soap are two different products, right? You should have answered lemon smelling cleanser.

Oh, and zest has at least two different meanings. ;-)

John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I was looking at the other topics in this forum, wouldn't IMFL and Eagleman Roll Call also fall under the category of SPAM. They are about specific brands, the IM and the Eagleman. SO, in a way you are spamming about a brand. Oh wait, aren't most things in this forum about a brand? Bikes, shoes, aero bars. It's just when you feel uppity, you make it into something negative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
While I was looking at the other topics in this forum, wouldn't IMFL and Eagleman Roll Call also fall under the category of SPAM. They are about specific brands, the IM and the Eagleman. SO, in a way you are spamming about a brand. Oh wait, aren't most things in this forum about a brand? Bikes, shoes, aero bars. It's just when you feel uppity, you make it into something negative.
Uhm...no. The participants are not the creators, it's not a "Look at me, look what I did!" post. You might have an argument if you cited Frank Day.

Get over it. You posted a pic of your logo that someone turned into a tattoo. It was not widely applauded. It happens.

Again, if you are this thin skinned, how have you ever made it this far in journalism?

John

Quote Reply

Prev Next