Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

De Soto Carrerra Shorts
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if its possible to shrink the desoto carrera shorts? Mine are too big now (darn, IM training weight loss) and I need a smaller size. I know that my husband has put them in the dryer at least once but i'm nervous to actually attempt to shrink them. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrerra Shorts [roxiegirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish mine were too big! They will not shrink, not the right material. Best thing to do is buy a new pair and hope to get them on sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing as they aren't cotton, I seriously doubt they would shrink at all. I've never had any of my technical clothes shrink.

I think it's time for a new pair :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does anyone know if its possible to shrink the desoto carrera shorts? Mine are too big now (darn, IM training weight loss) and I need a smaller size. I know that my husband has put them in the dryer at least once but i'm nervous to actually attempt to shrink them. Thoughts?
What a terrible problem it is losing weight huh? Go reward yourself with new De Soto stuff! Shrinking the short is Not possible, in fact the tightest our products will ever feel is the first time you put them on.

This is why I always recommend everyone buy triathlon apparel a little too snug rather than too loose. Chafing and wrinkles and creases, all of which are not that attractive, happen when garments are too loose.

As for hubby putting them in the dryer....and men are notorious for doing so.....dryers will ruin your triathlon apparel faster than anything. Any kind of heat will shorten the life of garments that stretch: irons, dryers, blow dryers, hot water, jacuzzi's are included.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep- you're out of luck, I think...but it's a great problem to have. Congrats on the weight loss!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrerra Shorts [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response! I just ordered another pair. And, with the sale, I'm tempted to call and ask for a second pair to be thrown in...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, yes, yes. you will love them!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrerra Shorts [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Emilio, I love your products, been wearing them for years but I find myself ordering the men's version of the forza tri short because (1) it's got a longer leg and (2) it has the four pockets. While the women's version would give me a better fit, it's not long enough, I like that full thigh compression feel that the old unisex power tri short had and I love the pockets for placement of gu packs and electolyte containers. Much easier to reach right down the thigh on the bike or run to grab a flask then it is to use the pockets on a tank. Any plans to make a longer version or a unisex version of the power tri short again? Thanks.... I'm sure there are other women on here that are looking for something similar.

Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrerra Shorts [iggythecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi Emilio, I love your products, been wearing them for years but I find myself ordering the men's version of the forza tri short because (1) it's got a longer leg and (2) it has the four pockets. While the women's version would give me a better fit, it's not long enough, I like that full thigh compression feel that the old unisex power tri short had and I love the pockets for placement of gu packs and electolyte containers. Much easier to reach right down the thigh on the bike or run to grab a flask then it is to use the pockets on a tank. Any plans to make a longer version or a unisex version of the power tri short again? Thanks.... I'm sure there are other women on here that are looking for something similar.
We never stopped making them. They are called Forza Tri Short with 4 Pockets

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply