Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I found an iphone while running. How do I find out who owns it? [walnutcreek tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something here? Why would it be so bad to spend the $5 or so to send someone their phone back? I think it would be a very generous thing to do and I would do it without thinking twice about it. Of course I'd have to be 100% convinced that I was sending it to the right person. What makes doing something generous "lame"?
Quote Reply
Re: I found an iphone while running. How do I find out who owns it? [jryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe the fact that he wasn't sure the woman who asked was indeed the owner. And the fact that she asked him to ship it at his own expense. If you lost an I-phone, wouldn't you be more than happy to pay shipping to get it back? I would never ask someone to spend their own money to return something I lost.
Quote Reply
Re: I found an iphone while running. How do I find out who owns it? [walnutcreek tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has the potential to go sideways in a big way. This should be fun!

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: I found an iphone while running. How do I find out who owns it? [jryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no problem spending the $5 but I have no idea if that's the person who really owns the phone. I'm letting the AT&T store sort things out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't blame you and I certainly didn't mean to direct that post at you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you are telling me that if you lost a $200-$300 phone and someone found it and called you to say they found it that you would ask THEM to PAY to ship it back? That doesn't seem odd to you?

If it was me, I would drive the 90 miles to meet him to get it back that same day.

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I found an iphone while running. How do I find out who owns it? [edwinj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So you are telling me that if you lost a $200-$300 phone and someone found it and called you to say they found it that you would ask THEM to PAY to ship it back? That doesn't seem odd to you?

If it was me, I would drive the 90 miles to meet him to get it back that same day.
Sorry, I had to review a few post. I missed the fact that the owner made the request to send it his cost. I thought the original poster was being called lame for offering to send it back. That is what I thought was strange. My mistake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF is a black lady doing in an upscale white neighborhood? That's the real question here.
Quote Reply
Re: I found an iphone while running. How do I find out who owns it? [mnbrotha2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give it to an AT&T store, or the police. Good karma all around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... Of course I'd have to be 100% convinced that I was sending it to the right person. ...

That is easy to find out. Have them log onto to their MobileMe account and lock the phone out. If they can lock it out, then you know its their phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the callers that you tried to contact are a reflection of the person that lost the phone in the first place. You can do all that work and try to help somebody out and in the end you won't even get a simple thank you. Yeah, there's a reason I got to that point as I've tried to help people before. Doesn't mean I won't try but when you get those "hints" you know where it's going.

I'd sell it on ebay and donate the money to an animal charity.

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Last edited by: Mito Chondria: Oct 4, 09 14:33
Quote Reply

Prev Next