Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My baby...felt f4 road bike with profile ffc seatpost, profile carbon stryke aerobars with cobra wing base bar, vision brakes, shimano ultegra/dura ace mix, look keo ti carbon pedals, and zipp 606 wheelset with conti attack/force tires.

For the ladies among us (race set up):

naked...

and the profile pic (the only one where my camera didn't decide to suck):

Hungry for tri!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I finally added a road bike to the stable. It's not a Cervelo...nor is it super-bling'd. But then again, how many other SRAM Red Bikes do you know of for less than $2K?

I'm still tweaking the position and will probably swap out the seatpost. And, yes, I'll cut down the steerer tube soon. ;)

I'm lovin' the frame, groupo, and wheels. You just can't beat Neuvation for value.

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." ~ Max Planck, 1950
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Jul 16, 09 15:19
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's not a Cervelo[/quote]and yet it should ride really similar to one as it's made (according to john & dan) side by side and in the same asian factory that makes some of the cervelo frames AND it has the identical geometry as the soloist.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could be, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're using the same tubing, which might make a big diff.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TriUno83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
true. they're using similar but not identical tubing (cervelo's aluminium SmartWall is proprietary) so it won't be identical but i submit it's "close enough" for the majority of riders...especially if you can get SRAM RED for less than 2K. i think having a top end component group may offset any perceived difference in ride quality.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden a Soloist, so I can't compare the ride. But, yes, the geometry is identical, though the Soloist offers an aero seattube and a narrower downtube profile.

The frame welding, finish, and assembly are first rate. And, the internal cable routing is clean and operates smoothly.

I wanted a nice comfortable and reasonably fast bike for group rides, and minor build and aero considerations just were not important. If I want to fuss over speed details I'll ride my Titanflex @ 80 degrees STA...with latex tubes, Jet Disk+Jet60, aero helmet, etc., etc. ;)

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." ~ Max Planck, 1950
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Jul 17, 09 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [S~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my silly bike

It is a leader frame ($150), wolf CL fork ($100), Ultegra kit ($500), random other stuff (seatpost, bars, stem, etc. $300), FP80 Wheelset (from Wheelbuilder.com) including wireless PT ($2000) - Total ~3000 dollars. I would venture its one of the fastest $3000 bikes (*with Power meter) out there. I have moved the bar extensions in to a "custom" width (skinnier than standard). Also the brake and shifter cables are "custom" to expose less cable. I run 20mm wide tires @ 110-120 PSI.

I did the Wyckoff TT @ 23 mph, being held up quite a bit of the time at a wopping 226 watts and this is not too flat of a course.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
girlfriends new bike

BRAND NEW 650 P3

yes its a wonky stem, but I assure you her position is Torbjorn and Slowman approved. Shes just got LEGS.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

make over
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are my team bikes:

Race ready tri bike...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/...18335_e4df0e9d63.jpg

Race ready road bike
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/...74014_5e699ec871.jpg

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you don't have any pedals!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

steerer needs to be cut.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
girlfriends new bike

Wife's new bike - MissP's Cervelo P3 ready to roll at Ironman Lake Placid( 4th fastest woman's bike split and 5th place overall)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your big ring is crooked.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
you don't have any pedals!
I want my bikes as light as possible!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [S~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This one is mine. :D
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [peterwong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's keep the Cervelo lovefest going!!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [rmcboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please tell me you don't ride your bike with the saddle like that.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

here's my new ride, love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [trice9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Punch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Since the picture was taken, I've shortened the aerobar length slightly and added a zero setback seatpost to give me a slightly more aggressive position.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [itrislow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next