Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Planet X - 2010 Big News
Quote | Reply
I just got off the phone with the US distributor for Planet X and he told me that he just returned from a trip to the UK to meet with Planet X Europe and he said that they are coming out with a ridiculous bike in 2010 that is a technological dream. I pushed for details but he had to be vague so as to not spill the beans too soon. He did say that he saw some draft schematics of the new frame and he was blown away.

Anyone else heard about the new Planet X frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [djciii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear that they have a new frame and "it is a dream"...read it on a forum online.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they mention if the new frame is going to be in the same price range as the current one?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He said that they have not finalized a price but I think it would be hard to come out with something that sounds like such a big leap forward in technology at the same price point (which is really unbelievably low for a full carbon anyway). I don't know what it will be but I imagine it has to be higher.

Where did you find that online article about the new frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did he give any indication when in 2010 it will be released?

I want an oompa loompa now daddy now!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The designer (username compositepro) has been posting some hints on TriTalk.co.uk

See this thread from about page 22 onwards
http://www.tritalk.co.uk/...=56846&start=315
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [doug_steel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [Tricky Dick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, it's a P3X?

Let's hope they make it in pink. :)

mm
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [mullinsm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for finding that thread and those pics. Looks sharp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just got off the phone with the US distributor for Planet X and he told me that he just returned from a trip to the UK to meet with Planet X Europe and he said that they are coming out with a ridiculous bike in 2010 that is a technological dream. I pushed for details but he had to be vague so as to not spill the beans too soon. He did say that he saw some draft schematics of the new frame and he was blown away.

Anyone else heard about the new Planet X frame?
If those pics are any indication of what it is I am not sure I would call it a "technological dream".. Looks like a P3?

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [RACERX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats not the frame in its finalised form , its evolved a lot since then and has had a lot more work / intricate detail .

we cant release any details until we have patent applications filed for the front end system that is pretty unique
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [planetx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
touché :)

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, which generic rebadged frame will it be this time ...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
thats not the frame in its finalised form , its evolved a lot since then and has had a lot more work / intricate detail .

we cant release any details until we have patent applications filed for the front end system that is pretty unique

Dave:

Even though I just bought a new Stealth about a week ago, I am willing to make a huge sacrifice and act as a test-rider for you for the new bike. PM me. We can work out the details ... ;-)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lots of crazy frames coming out. Have you seen the rear triangle on the new Blue frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [Jagerstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be the one designed by our consultant carbon designer ex red bull formula one team.

might even be made in the uk (or india) by these guys - http://www.caparo-t1.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet, just make sure you guys do the 650cc quick as my Mrs will be in the market for a new frame next year, and she would be pissed if she had to "settle" for the old stealth frame :)
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a white xl for the clydesdales....I guess I can buy another PX in 2010
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is the approx release date?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good deal im glad another company might have caught up to Cervelo circa 2005...

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
good deal im glad another company might have caught up to Cervelo circa 2005...

Ha! Ha! I am sure Dave and the boys at Planet X are having a good laugh at everyone who is looking at that early, early rendering and thinking that PX is coming out w/ a P3 clone. I am sure it will be that much more fun to unveil the final design once all the patents are approved.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Jul 7, 09 11:49
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X - 2010 Big News [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
Quote Reply