Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Argus Bicycle Company open for business [maboot38] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, as for MSRP. It is around $2,450.00 for a standard frame and $3,000 for a weave frame, without forks. Forks are an additional $300.

I think the price point on the Aegis bikes was not competitive enough, and we'd like to keep that down so that people can enjoy these frames without requiring deep pockets or major sponsorship to get on one! :)

Thoughts?

Dan
Argus
www.argusbicycles.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you make your forks in-house? or are they alpha q OE forks?

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: GregX: Jun 1, 09 11:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of luck to you...

A comment from an aesthetics / marketing point of view... The main font (big, bulky, all caps, outlined, AND italicized!) combined with the script fonts (almost upside down) just don't look right and honestly look like an afterthought.

I KNOW this has no impact whatsoever on performance (duh), but you want your product to have an identity that is as unique as your product.
Quote Reply
Re: Argus Bicycle Company open for business [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't make the forks, they are the Alpha Q TS20s out of North Carolina.
Quote Reply
Re: Argus Bicycle Company open for business [miniclydesdale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey minicy...

Thanks for the input on the lettering. I was hoping someone would touch on that. Our design is by no means 100% set in stone for that. If people don't like the lettering style, it can be changed, and I'd be very open to suggestions!!!!

Good stuff!

Dan
Argus
www.argusbicycles.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan - I am one of the people you referred to who is actively riding around on an Aegis frame (T2). To be honest, we got it second hand on eBay, and my wife road it for a while before I became the rider du jour. When I see the current round of "aero" frames (Felt, Trek, Scott and several others), what I notice is a desperate attempt to use geometric detailing to create brand identity, and for me, speaking entirely personally, it is a huge negative. In fact, the few things that I do not like about the T2 generally are the areas where I feel that the frame designer(s) tried to be unique rather than just aero-best.

I don't know what the demographic for these frames really is and what they really want, or whether its sensible to even talk about them as a single "they". But I just want to raise a voice for those of us who want:
  • non-heavily branded bikes
  • geometric detailing limited to what is proven both in the tunnel and in the real world
  • proven aerodynamic designs
  • US-made would be a plus
Your two existing frames don't fill the space occupied by my T2. I'm not in the market for a new frame, but if I was, and I found something that managed to offer something similar to what the T2 did/does but better - i.e. slavishly copy other brands but be subtle about the branding - it would top my list when I needed something new.

And yes, ditch the hyper-kinetic lettering :)
Last edited by: dawhead: Jun 1, 09 16:43
Quote Reply
Re: Argus Bicycle Company open for business [prnnarsto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if that came off wrong (which it clearly seems to have) - it was meant as a classic, sarcastic "welcome to slowtwitch". My apologies if I offended you.

Christopher Kautz
Director of Technology, Product Development, and Education
GURU Sports, a division of Cannondale Sports Unlimited
Quote Reply
Re: Argus Bicycle Company open for business [ckautz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, Chris!

By the way, I loved your website, especially the section on fitting. Very informative and a great description of the process!

Dan
Argus
www.argusbicycles.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Dan.

Next time I'll remember the pink font - or better yet leave the sarcasm to R10C ;-)

Christopher Kautz
Director of Technology, Product Development, and Education
GURU Sports, a division of Cannondale Sports Unlimited
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is another look at the Apollo. To respond to the poster about the Handmade Carbon Fiber writing appearing upside down...I have to agree, and I've spoken to our detailers about it.

How does it look?

Dan
Argus Bicycle Company
http://www.argusbicycles.com
Last edited by: maboot38: Jun 11, 09 14:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on feedback we have gotten about the branding design of our frames, we have entirely redesigned the look of the branding.

Here you can see the new look of the frames:

Apollo:
http://www.argusbicycles.com/...products/apollo.html

and Pegasus:
http://www.argusbicycles.com/...roducts/pegasus.html

Thoughts?

Dan Madore
Argus Bicycle Company
www.argusbicycles.com
Last edited by: maboot38: Aug 10, 09 10:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next