how often do you eat out?
Quote Reply
Re: eat out [scj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1-2x a week w/ gf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty much every day for lunch and 1-2 per week for dinner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thursday night dinner (so i don't have to cook after my workout), but it's generally fast food due to budget...and usually lunch when we go on all-day motorcycle rides (i do pack stuff so i can eat every 2-3hrs, but for big rides the lunch stop is usually a very social thing for the group with which we're riding)..

we will also have about 6-8 other dinners out with my parents through the year for birthdays and other special occasions.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
1-2 nights a week for dinner.
Bring/make my lunch every day and make dinner 5-6 nights a week for myself.
I'm also gluten free and vegetarian so it's pretty difficult to find a restaurant where I can eat something and feel good about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost never; maybe 1X week for lunch.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe once every couple/few months.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: eat out [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1...about the same, maybe 2-3/wk for dinner. Cooking for one is a pain without freezing everything or eating it for days. Grumble.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: eat out [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1-2 x per week for dinner. Maybe 1x or so per week for lunch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When my wife will let me.
Quote Reply
Re: eat out [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
somehow i sense a doubel meaning to that response!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find that I rarely enjoy eating out. Typically, I wind up thinking I would have enjoyed cooking whatever I ordered at home and it would have tasted better/fresher. This does not hold true for french fries, seafood, or steak. Usually the cost of a good restaurant weighs too heavily on me and I don't enjoy the meal. Oddly, I will gladly pay $8 and up for a martini and enjoy the hell out of it. I make no sense.

We eat out for dinner maybe once a week, usually more like once every two weeks and I eat lunch out 1-2 times per week. We have found meals we can cook quickly that taste fresh and are relatively healthy and try to make too much so we have leftovers for lunch the next day. That seems to work best for us but we could use help with new menu ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: eat out [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i do the same - make extra for lunches the next day. our standards are chicken/turkey pasta (whole grain noodles), chicken fajitas (whole grain tortillas, fat-free yogurt instead of sour cream), pork souvlaki with veggies and jasmine rice (usually stuff some souvlaki & tzatziki in half a whole grain pita with tomato and alfalfa), chicken or steak stir fry with brown rice, rice & bean casserole with lots of salsa, turkey or vegetarian (lentils instead of meat) chili, beef stew with a slice of whole grain bread for mopping up...also do fish baked on a spinach bed with a garlic dijon glaze at least once a week (usually salmon or trout), usually with some couscous and veggies. just bought a couple of cedar planks this evening to try out!

doing a pot of turkey chili in a few minutes, actually...but get a treat tomorrow because we're having company for the weekend, so hubby is going to grill up some gorgeous top sirloin steaks we picked up this evening :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Jun 5, 09 18:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Somehow I sense a double meaning to this thread.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
every day for lunch
and every night.
i have not cooked in probably 10-15 years. its just the two of us so we eat out every meal.
probably not the healthy way to eat but it is most convenient for us.

jana

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
once a month and even then its usually subway or pad thai. i'm a graduate student and i live with a varsity athlete who eats all my food. a student stipend only goes so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We go through cycles. Maybe averages 1x/week if not less.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I hardly ever eat out any more. We're both fairly decent chefs, both enjoy cooking and like to experiment with different foods and ethnic dishes. We even grow our own herbs and some vegetables. We buy other produce and meat from local farmers where we know it's organic grown or steroid free. This way we know what's in our food and save money at the same time. It's nice to eat out once in awhile, but we probably don't any more than four or five times a year. At one time I ate out a lot when living in a more urban environment, but now would much rather eat at home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Nope. Single meaning. And I'm not talking about McDonalds!

Quote Reply
Re: eat out [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll Play...

Meaning #1:

Lunch: M-F
Dinner: W;F-Sa

Meaning #2:

Nearly every time the Mrs. and I get down.
Quote Reply
Re: eat out [Gobux3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About once a week for Sushi. Where we are living now there arent too many good restaurants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since confirmed celiac, I dont eat out much anymore, which is a kinda bummer. When I DO eat out its after a lot of research and tricky still so we basically eat at home. The BF? I just know he eats out every day at lunch.
Quote Reply