Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How Did You Do - Memorial Day
Quote | Reply
in the US, at least.

I neglected to set goals last week (oops) but wound up with 65.9 mi run and 60 miles cycling. 7 runs, 2 rides.

This week: get back in the pool; ride 6x; run 6x; do an hour of calc each day for the rest of the week (summer class). Make a 'meal plan' for each day so I get enough protein and less sugar. Not torment little brother too much...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: May 25, 09 16:38
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How Did You Do - Memorial Day [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
missed weight lifting tuesday, but got my motorcycle running again. did 1,700m of drills in the pool.

7.2km hills workout wednesday. crappy time, but i'm still adjusting to the heat!

rode my bike 13.75km home from the pool thursday night after 2,100m

canned weight lifting friday because i was too tired - did mini brick (6.3km cycle, 1.28km run) just to see what running off the tri bike was like. good speeds for both elements, good cadence on bike.

with heart rate monitor for 1st time on my 9.29km tempo run saturday. slow as hell - my LT is higher than estimated HR for my age. did first open water swim, too - just a 20min experimental dip.

did 23.19km ride on sunday. fell over while stopped. decent speed and cadence, though.

just got back from a 14.16km LSD run, again with HRM. slower than hell - could have run it faster, but was trying to see my pace at 75% MHR. i should have run faster.

totals: 6,600m swim, 43.25k bike, 30.89k run.

goals this week: 4,000m swim incl. another open water session, 31+ km run, 60k bike, 2 weight lifting sessions :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Survive the Triple T!! And as an added bonus finish all races faster than last year -- I am so stoked that I can finally say after a race/long ride/long run/etc. that I had a good day. In fact, I had three good days all in a row. In the easiest of numbers to look at I was close to 2 hours and 50 minutes faster over the four races than I was in 2008 (10 minutes faster on Friday, 30 min faster in each of the 2 Olys, and 1 hour 40 minutes faster in the HIM). And in 2008, I was in the final 10 finishers of all 4 races. This year, there were close to 100 people behind me in each race. I am so thrilled that I can say I had a good day :)

Goals for this week:
1) Recover from Triple T
2) Carry the positive momentum into my summer training for IMWI

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: three rides (1 trainer at lunch - DONE; 1 hill climb at lunch or as part of ride2work - DONE; 1 4-5hr LSD ride - DONE but ended up being 2.5 hard tempo ride); three masters swims (yes I *can* do this!!! - nope, only two - again sleep often wins this battle); three runs (1hr+ hilly run - DONE but ended up 1h45min hilly run; 1h+ aerobic with intervals - DONE; 30min+ off the bike - Done but 50min aerobic with strides).

This week:
Ride x3 (trainer at lunch; ride2work with hill climb - DONE; 2hr tempo)
Run x3 (aerobic 50' with strides - DONE; 1h15-1h30 negative split; 50'-1h10 with intervals)
Swim x3 (2 masters and one OW).

Oliver is coming soon...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How Did You Do - Memorial Day [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard you had a good weekend, keep up the hard work, and Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Won the Athena division at the Gordon Jewish Community Center in Nashville, TN. 2nd year in a row...yeah me!

Goals for the week: workout and get back on nutrition plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals and results for last week:
Swim x2 - did it!
Run x3 - did it!
Bike x2 - well, kinda did it - second bike was the first time out on the road. gotta work on bringing those bike skills back up to where they should be.
Weights x3 - only x2 :( (which is sad - I love my weight workouts!)

Goals for this week:
Swim x2
Run x3
Bike x3
Weights x2
* went to Canada's Wonderland yesterday which totally threw my great plans for this week out of the window. The rest of the week will be me trying my best to get in a good solid week of trianing. June 6th is coming up fast (first tri of the season) and I want to feel at least a little bit prepared!

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I neglected to set goals last week (oops) but wound up with 65.9 mi run and 60 miles cycling. 7 runs, 2 rides.

It disturbs me greatly that your running mileage exceeds your cycling mileage. Try for 3:1 in the opposite direction and see how that plays out for you.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How Did You Do - Memorial Day [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To

It disturbs me greatly that your running mileage exceeds your cycling mileage. Try for 3:1 in the opposite direction and see how that plays out for you.

Good morning!

I was, of course, planning to ride more than that last week (and swim, too). I just got lazy; would get home from work, look at my bike, and curl up on the couch with a book instead :P

As I noticed that too, I emailed d.d last week and asked about trying an experiment, in which I ride first, THEN run. I am highly unlikely to skip a run, though quite likely to trade bike for book. He said "it might be a good idea to rearrange workouts so that you actually do them." Running has thus become my little reward for riding, and this week I've done: 15 mi bike + 4/7 run double ... 30 mi bike + 8 mi easy... 30 mi bike + 10 mi workout (mile repeats), Sunday-yesterday. So, 29 mi run vs 75 mi bike, we are at least making progress.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I emailed d.d last week and asked about trying an experiment, in which I ride first, THEN run. I am highly unlikely to skip a run, though quite likely to trade bike for book. He said "it might be a good idea to rearrange workouts so that you actually do them."

That Brian's a smart one...

Glad to hear your new plan is working! :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply