Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri shoes- what do you like/love?
Quote | Reply
My old Carnacs are finally being put to rest this season. I'm looking at the tons of new shoes out there so looking for alittle help from the ladies out there. My first concern is comfort. Racing several HIM's and a IM this season so they'll be put through the ringer. Road shoes are Sidi's but not sure if I want to plunk down the money on their tri shoes ($$$). Any recommendations?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes- what do you like/love? [run0317] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Northwave Tribals...love them love them love them.

Mine could probably make a skunk shrink away they stink so bad, but they're comfy, they've held up well and they're easy-in, easy-out. I don't remember how much they were but I really like them.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've raced in a pair of Louis Garneau tri-shoes that have held up well.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Sidis. I have the T2s from a couple of years ago. My shoes take a beating and they have held up great. Seriously, well worth the investment. If you know your size, you can usually find last years version online for much cheaper. I would highly recommend the sidis though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Specialized TriVents.

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sidi's - they are worth every penny and i don't ride in anything else.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for what it's worth (considering they're my first pair of cycling shoes, and i've only put about 62km on them so far in the past 8 days), i quite like my carnac sft1 shoes with the mp5 carbon composite soles. quick on/off (single velcro strap w/asymmetrical fit, loop at heel for easy on and attaching to bike if you like to leave your shoes clipped), huge vents in the soles, comfortable on the bike, not bad off it.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I own both Sidi T1s and Specialized Trivents. I loved my Sidi's but after a season, I realized I bought the wrong size so I needed to upsize. Since I needed to buy new shoes, I decided that in the process I would upgrade the shoe to a shoe with a carbon sole. At the time I was doing this, Sidi did not import a tri shoe in my size that had a carbon sole (I believe the T2 now has a carbon sole and comes in my size). So I ended up with the Trivent. Overall, I would say I am about 85% sold on the trivent. There are two things that aggrevate me 1) I still don't think I am in the right size (but that isn't the shoes' fault) and 2) the strap/closure gets caught in my chainring when I ride. I am constantly trying to restick the velco to the shoe. It drives me nuts. I think I may have reached my breaking point this weekend during the triple t and may re-enter the market for new shoes.
Quote Reply