Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How Did You All Do? Week of May 11
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:

* Follow training plan. DONE! Had a great week of training.

* Tighten up nutrition. I am into the routine with the new coach, so it's time to work on nutrition. WORKING ON THIS. Went to Costco and stocked up on fruits, veggies and lean protein and will take my lunch instead of eating out every day.

* Race on the velodrome Tuesday and Friday. Get some good training in. DONE! I had two nights of really. really good racing. I'm racing better than any time last year and everyone has made comments on the improvements I've made. Very happy about this.

For this week:

* Follow training program.

* Increase daily water intake.

* Start organizing papers that I've had sitting around for way too long.

* Saturday sprint tournament--good time in the flying 200m, then try some new things in the 1-on-1 sprints

* Sunday track racing--score some omnium points.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How Did You All Do? Week of May 11 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the racing last week!!

Goals for this week:
1) Allow my cycling legs to recover -- Not sure I got this done. Still have a bit of residual soreness and tiredness likely associated with my long run (got lost) and long ride (road with a friend) were longer than they were supposed to be this weekend. Have to get back on track as the TTT is just 11 days away!!
2) Long ride this weekend focusing on not getting upset or saying that I am a terrible slow rider -- Done! Done! Done!

Goals for this week:
1) Complete all workouts as written
2) Don't complain too much about the 3 mile TT I have at the track this week

Hope everyone has a good week!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joining in b/c it's time for me to be accountable for something :)

First - congrats on the racing!

My (unofficial) goals for last week were:
Swim 3x - only got 1
Bike 4x - done
Run 4x - done
Weights 2x - 0 oops

Lose 2.5 pounds - done, sort of. Was down, but back up this morning?? Probably just hydration, but frustrating.

Now for this week:
Swim 3x
Bike 4x
Run 4x
Weights 2x
Essentially just follow the training plan. Going to be tough this week w/ 2 little kids & DH out of town Fri - Sun. But no excuses - stick to the plan, even though it means riding the bike on the trainer in the basements for 3.5 hrs...*cries*

And lose 2.5 lbs more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job on the track racing, Cathy. I miss track :-( maybe next winter (ours is an indoor velodrome).

Last week: 3 rides (1 trainer - already done, 1 hill climb at lunch - done, 1 200k ride on the weekend - ended up being 140k which is OK, 5h30 was enough!); 3 master swims (2 done - some days sleep is more important than swimming); 3 runs (1h10 with intervals - already done, 10miler hilly run - NOT DONE, 50min easy aerobic with strides - done). Total: 11h30.

This week: 3 rides (1 trainer at lunch; 1 hill climb at lunch; 1 150k+ ride on the weekend); 3 masters swims; 4 runs (1h10 with intervals; hilly 10 miler - possibly extend to 13miles if I can get the time; and two ~50m aerobic runs). Aim for 15-18hrs.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How Did You All Do? Week of May 11 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were 15k swim, 10 hr bike, 60 mi run.

I did:
13.6 k swim (4x)
4:30 bike (4x)
55 mi run (6x)
1:00 yoga (1x)

Came up short, but still a good week.

Goals for this week: race FAST this weekend (sprint tri, then the Sugarloaf 15k the day after). Friday will be just a swim... we'll see what I get up to the rest of the week :P

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: May 11, 09 13:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim - 7,900 m

Bike - 51 miles (concentrating on hill work now; I'm tired of being weak and slooooooooow)

run - 12.2 miles on trails, not pavement.

Injured 3X (minor) out of last 6 days! I must be more careful!!!

Slavishly logging food to lose the last 10 lbs.

Workout total 9 hours. Felt tired at end of week with just this training.

This week; increase everything to 12 hours training, at least and not be injured.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How Did You All Do? Week of May 11 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

(concentrating on hill work now; I'm tired of being weak and slooooooooow)
I'm with you sister! I don't want to have to switch to compact cranks!!! WAH!!! ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can finally join in since I did more than just 2 stupid little runs last week!!! Woo Hoo!!

Last Week:
- 4 runs totaling 21 miles - not huge miles, but I'll take it
- 2 P90X workouts
- 2 volleyball games (ok, not really workouts, but they're fun and a bit of exercise)

This Week:
- 5 runs with at least 25 miles
- 2 P90X workouts
- 1 volleyball game :)
- bonus: one bike ride (bike is still in the box from my trip to Xantusia!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: Recover from the bike wreck. Recover from the Flying Pig. Get ready for Dances with Dirt. Get the new bike ordered. Get back on a bike.

Results: Didn't get as much rest as I probably should have overall. Stressed more than I should have over the whole bike replacement process (& LBS issues) and getting all the team stuff lined up for DWD. Did go for a easy-peasy bike ride and was way upset that I was nervous. I survived the week though, that's what counts.

This week: Recover. I've got to get my legs back under me. My body is sapped from a solid month of go,go,go,wreck,go,go,go. Not sure how to get the recovery back on track without feeling too lazy. Still keeping a close watch on my back for lingering injury. Bike should arrive tomorrow - get it built and get on it! Need to start rebuilding the confidence on the bike and get comfy with the new beast. Would like to be able to run by the end of the week. Also need to log some time in the pool. Need some quality time working on the house and the yard and some admin stuff. Next weekend: no stress - plenty of sleep.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first post of accountability *gulp*. The season is almost here and I don't feel anywhere near ready. (Damn Canadian winters dragging on for far too long.)

Last week:
Swim x2 : 0
Run x2 : 1
Bike x2 : 2
Weights x3 : 3
*thoughts on missing my goals. Had to work the late shift (12-8), which totally threw me off my routine, and I never quite got it together. This week should be better as I am back to my regular work hours.

This week:
Swim x2
Run x2
Bike x3
Weights x3

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait, am I reading this right? I swam more than Tigerchik this week!

Total distance: 16K swim (4 sessions), 84 miles biking (4 sessions -includes a brick), 24 miles running (4 sessions and includes a brick)
Bike mileage was a bit low this week, but that was due to indoor rides filled with constant climbing. Furthest run mileage since ITBS injury :)

This week's goals: 4 swims (17K), 4 bikes (115 miles and includes a metric century ride), 4 runs (26 miles)

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How Did You All Do? Week of May 11 [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL on the swimming.

Glad you are running well :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How Did You All Do? Week of May 11 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
- bonus: one bike ride (bike is still in the box from my trip to Xantusia!!)

You have "outed" yourself!

Have that bike assembled and get on it!

You GO Girl!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals

2x 90 minute swims- min 4500 meters: Done and was able to make a new interval 4x100 LCM @ 1:30! Yeah
2x 90 min bike- moderate- done
1x5:30 bike IM pace- do not overide- nailed it with power file to show it- I can control myself on the bike :)
2x90 minute run- 1 temp and 1 moderate- done
1x1 hour run: done
1x45 run: done
1x 2:15 run @ day following long ride - done

Successful week! Executed well- Am in volume phase of training with 6 weeks to go to IM

Quote Reply
Re: How Did You All Do? Week of May 11 [idropoboys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week:
only 1 swim - boo!!! Monday still was really sore from Flying Pig Half. Wed. swim was good. Fri. was going to swim but had to take my mom out to dinner for mother's day
runs - OK. "long" run was exactly as planned and all other runs were just to shake the legs out.
bike - less than optimal on Tues. but Thurs.'s group workout was killer. I pushed my legs and went a bit better than expected. Weekend long ride was an indoor trainer ride due to weather. grrrrr!!!

This week:
swim 3x (1 down already, 2 to go)
run more, as now I'm recovered from the Pig and need to get 'back on track'
going away for a big biking weekend, so lots of biking expected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done Clm. Been following along via the blog. Good luck with the sprinting coming up.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: How Did You All Do? Week of May 11 [neil_laing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well done Clm. Been following along via the blog. Good luck with the sprinting coming up.

Thank! (And to everyone else.) I'm into the routine of working with the coach and am really having fun.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how did i do? I finished my 2nd HIM at Gulf Coast Sat May 9th. Of course it took me over 8 1/2 hrs (over an hour slower than my first) but that was probably the total amount of training I had gotten in over the last month. Just glad that I finished and still had a smile on my face.

This week I am getting back on the saddle...I WILL go to workout and I WILL follow my new nutrition plan (weightloss).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'll play.....

Goals:

1. follow taper program to a "T"
2. use extra time to get some rest
3. prepare mentally for first post-surgery race
4. go to Memphis, do my best, be satisfied with results and have FUN with my athletes!

Doesn't look that tough......

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply