Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Embarrassing problem - no I didn't pee my pants!
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm new to ST -background is enjoying running, but been off it for a while after injuring myself training. Just getting back into it again.

My question is embarrassing to me, but I would appreciate any sincere and honest thoughts/advice (heard all the jokes, thanks, don't need any more).

When I run for a long distance, I tend to leak. Not pee, but vaginal fluid. I've tried running with a pad, but that is majorly uncomfortable. I've tried with a tampon, but after a couple of hours it washed out. I can't wear lighter coloured shorts, as it looks like I've peed my pants. I've ended up pouring water over my shorts to make it look like my shorts are all wet, and that helps somewhat, but I don't really feel like running in wet shorts all the time! I'm healthy, have no issues, my doctor finds nothing wrong. I have two kids, and don't remember this problem BC (before children). I'm just peri-menopausal, so is that part of the problem?

Is there anyone else out there who's had or has this problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Embarrassing problem - no I didn't pee my pants! [KiwiGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't give you any solutions....only offer my empathy.....After I had kids, my body has decided to do many things that, well quite franky, pisses me off.....this leakage problem you tend to have is one of them for me. I don't necesarily have shorts that look wet but it feels nasty and is quite frustrating. rggg....

Quote | Reply
My wife had this problem after monkey #2, and the thing that seemed to get it "worked out" was her doing a LOT of kegels (sp?). For some reason that made a huge difference for her, and she stopped leaking in a few weeks time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this, I am interested in the answers as this has started happening to me. I don't know if the Kegel thing will work, since that stops pee but has not stopped my women's parts from leaking. It is embarrassing and just kind of comes out on it's own. I am peri-menopausal too. I'll ask the ob-gyn when I see her later this month.
Quote Reply
Re: Embarrassing problem - no I didn't pee my pants! [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if you doctor didn't find anything wrong, I would consult with another doc or gynecologist for sure. It sounds very much like muscles or whatever it is keeping the bucket ( bladder) from leaking have a weak spot.
A friend of mine had the same problem and she made me a drawing of how things work and where her weak spot was. Got it fixed and she was good to go without anymore ... wet panties ...

Those exercises might work in your case though.

http://www.arthelenegirard.com/
Painting training always ...
Last edited by: Sweety: May 6, 09 6:26
Quote Reply
Post deleted by julieb2008 [ In reply to ]
Re: Embarrassing problem - no I didn't pee my pants! [julieb2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But-it isn't pee!!! It is coming out of the vagina. I don't have stress incontinence and I don't pee when I run, laugh, cough etc...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the thoughts & replies. It's definitely not pee, and therefore not a kegel problem, although kegels are apparently good for a weak pelvic floor and leaking pee (as in stress incontinence). I will ask my doctor for an ob-gyn referral and see what they say. Glad to know I'm not alone, though! What a great team name that would make if we all lived in Los Angeles - The LA Leakers. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully it's a comfortable solution for you! About 10 years ago I discovered a product to use instead of tampons and pads; neither of which have ever been that comfortable for me! The product is call "Instead". It's similar to a diaphragm, but smaller, and softer. It's basically catches everything, and when removed, you throw it away. Depending on your flow, it can be worn for 12 hours, several more hours than a regular tampon or pad. It is very comfortable during long periods of exercise no matter what level or what you are doing. I used to get them in the store, now I buy them on-line from http://www.shopinprivate.com/in12hourfemp.html, the product website is http://www.softcup.com/index.php. I have never gone back to pads or tampons, and never will. Hope this helps...
Quote Reply
Re: Embarrassing problem - no I didn't pee my pants! [ahnajai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks anajai, I found they're available from Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart and Save-On-Foods, so I'll try there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a fan of the Diva Cup (a reusable feminine product). I'm wondering if it might help out while you figure out the cause. There was a discussion on it and some similar products some time back: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1707482

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Re: Embarrassing problem - no I didn't pee my pants! [kylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks kylie. I'll try Instead first, while waiting to see the doc. The "reusable" part of Diva gives me the heebie jeebies a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I hear ya -- it weirded me out a bit at first, but after enough recommendations I tried it and now I'm glad I have. Hopefully the doc has a better solution for the issue than a way to deal with the issue! :)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply