Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Self tanners?
Quote | Reply
Continued from my what to wear with a skirt thread...

Recommendations on self tanners to get rid of my white legs? I've never used one before so the easier to use the better. I'd also rather not spend a lot of money.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Self tanners? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No input (I do the tanning bed... partly because of the SAD, but I do like the tan outcome hehe), BUT... please only do your legs and then let us know what the man thinks of that :P

Quote | Reply
I like the low dose ones like Jergens Natural Glow. Good for beginners. The Nivea daily one is nice too.
Quote Reply
Re: Self tanners? [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. Go with the lightest shade so you don't end up "orange." But I've never had a problem.

And please don't wear hose with such a casual skirt! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just and FYI, they all smell bad, cheap/expensive it doesn't matter. I recently got an Aveeno lotion that has a little self tanner in it. Try to apply it as evenly as possible and get all the nooks and crannies around your ankles etc. Wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
Quote Reply
Re: Self tanners? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember the stuff that came out a really long time ago and they all made one look orange. I still have that in my head :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't you guys have sun up there in canada?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used Sublime Bronze Spray with good results... no streaks. I've messed around with the lotion they have, but always tend to end up with a streak or something, mainly because I just don't spend much time when I slap it on. Make sure to put a bit of lotion around your knees and feet (especially the back of your ankle). I don't directly spray my feet - just let the overspray give them a little color (with the lotions I can never get my feet to look right...) Never have looked orange though, and I'm so pale I look blue in the winter when my skin seems to go transparent (sexy, I know). I've tried Neutrogena sunless foam... and that tends to streak and is way too dark. You could try the Jergens, but it' didn't look natural on me.

That being said, with a lot of bruises, self tanner isn't going to cover them up. If you want to even out your legs (either before or after self tanner) I tried Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. You'd probably need the Light shade... I used the Medium glow, but that was in the middle of the summer once I was tan. Sounds like a ridiculous product, but I tried it when there was a sale on it, and my sister works for Walgreens so I get a nice family discount. I suggest putting on lotion first, then spraying and rubbing it in. Spray it in the shower or outside... definitely not on carpet. My normally bruised legs looked flawless... and I never had an issue with it rubbing off, and it didn't come off on my black skirt I wore. It really does even out your legs.. if you have a lot of bruises, you might do 2 coats, but I was okay with 1. Comes off with soap in the shower, so if you hate the look/screw anything up, you aren't stuck with it for a week. Surprisingly I've had it on in the rain and it didn't run onto my white socks.. so I guess you have to use soap to get it off.
Quote Reply
Re: Self tanners? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why oh why don't people take a look in the mirror before they go out? I mean really...

shakes head...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It takes me a week of tanning to get to white :-)

Make sure you exfoliate as best you can. If you have dead skin, esp. around your elbows, knees and ankles, you'll end up with spots that are way darker and look fake. If you want to go cheap, get a pumice stone or some scrubbing brush-type-thing and go to town. If you can spend a few $$, buy an exfoliating scrub. Be careful when you start - I used to love Aveeno products, and then I started to react to the soy base. Note to self: lumpy red blotches are not attractive!
Quote Reply