Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Girlfriend needs a tri specific seat
Quote | Reply
And I need recommendations. Your advice is much appreciated.(Driving can't spell)

Run like you stole something
Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Re: Girlfriend needs a tri specific seat [SLC_vt98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take girlfriend to bike store.
Get her to try a bunch.
Girlfriend then picks one.

Quote | Reply
Find a store that will let you buy one, put it on the bike, ride with it and return it if it doesn't work. It's very hard to decide based on "sitting on it" in a store. At $100+++, you don't want to buy one that you can't return if it doesn't work out. (been there, done that)

She might want to try the Specialized or Bontrager that are sized to her sit bones. Find a store that carries these and has the measuring apparatus. I just did this and am very happy with the Specialized one I got.

It also has the hollow cut out down the centre. It took a bit of getting used to but it is much better than the lovely burning sensation and numbness that I used to get after two hours, from a solid women's saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Girlfriend needs a tri specific seat [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. The shop put her on. A road saddle. I was wondering if there was something popular for women like the fizik Trione 2 (for men) for a starting point. Something used but tri specific, then adjust from there.

Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Fizik Vitesse women's tri saddle last year. It did not work for me as it did not have the hollow down the centre. It just had softer foam down the centre. However, it is a very popular saddle.

As well, now that I have the Specialized saddle that is sized for me, I know that the Vitesse was too wide for me.

It is really impossible to say what would work for any individual until that person rides on it.

Especially, don't get stuck on getting a white saddle or a white saddle with pink trim. Get the sadddle that feels the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Girlfriend needs a tri specific seat [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aha That is the nugget I was looking for. Womens geometry can be more complex to fit.

Thanks

Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do a search on this forum. This has come up multiple times and there is some good information. And for me, ISM/Adamo is the only way to go.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out Koobi. My very finicky wife liked it after an exhaustive search...
Quote Reply