Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [dmwolff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you use your HED deep rim on the trainer? Is that the only wheelset you have? If so I would suggest you get a standard box rim for trainer use. If you have a PT on it I can understand it but it's not visible.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race ready without the wheel cover. I added the Bonty bottle up front too.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you mind posting a close up pic or two of how you mounted the bonty bottle?

"thoughts become things, choose the good ones"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice Ride & Wheels!

I'm curious about your Bontrager bottle up front. Could you show how it's mounted, and how you put a hole in the top to get the tube in there?
Last edited by: ReidDuff: Apr 19, 09 6:01
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ReidDuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a iink to a photo of the bottle. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/...870_4c5d2f91de_o.jpg

I just used a drill to make the hole. The hole diameter is slightly smaller than the straw so it fits tight and does not move. the red knob is used to regulate the amount of air onto the bottle on a draw.

The mount for the cage was made from a solid piece of aluminum cnc'd into the shape of the face plate of the stem. It has an extension for the mount. I have mine higher for my lack of flexibility but the option is there to take it down 30mm.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my new bike. Still tweaking the fit a bit.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DocVijay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the best pic as it is from a phone, but here's my new P2 on it's maiden voyage atop Sugarloaf Mountain in Maryland.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i submit bleu or glory, fresh from a rebuild- haven't decided yet on the name..

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Last edited by: nujeff: May 13, 09 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those Lightweight wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [wavedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are those Lightweight wheels?

No. They are Spinergy full carbon clinchers. Just took the decals off...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my 596 right after the build in February. I had not ridden it yet and the stem has since been lowered, pivoted forward. I currently riding with a 20cm drop. Everything else is the same as the day it was built, except the Simkins brakes have been replaced with DA only because they are easier to adjust. The wheels don't match, sorry, and I'm too lazy to remove the decals off my training wheelset. 53-40 rotor rings. The seat is a $30 seat off eBay and one of the best I've ever ridden. The aerobars were custom painted by me. Its the Vision alum base bar and carbon aerobar. The pic is taken at the front courtyard of our Inn. Please no comments about the winter gardening or you'll need to deal with my landscaper, not me : )

After riding this thing for 3 months, I love it! Fits perfectly. It allows me to get lower then my Zipp 2001. The elastomers in the seat post are as good as the beam on the Zipp 2001. Its super smooth, handles great and rides like a rocket! The design is awesome, so many great things incorporated into this frameset.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen your bike so many times... but still I think its awesome! I don't like the bonty bars but I guess you do! so who cares what I like!

ride it fast!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Every morning a gazelle wakes up knowing, it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...
Every morning a lion wakes up knowing it must outwit and outrun (at least) the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death...
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better start running.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted this over the weekend,but here is my LOOK 596. Just getting it dialed in, new duraace 7900 Derailers & Bontranger Carbon Aerobars,Nokon Cables.Just finished last Friday so still tweaking things

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [triLook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope that part of your "getting it dialed in" is fixing that stem. Vertical?!? I have heard of +6 or +10 degree stems . . . but what is that, +73? That has got to be a little twitchy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The seat is a $30 seat off eBay and one of the best I've ever ridden.

I'm using a cheap eBay seat, bought direct from the factory in China, and it too is the most comfortable seat I have. Swapped out for my Fizik Arione and was immediately miserable. The cheapo one is going back on. I can get 5 seats for the same price as the Fizik.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [hgrong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I beleive it was Tom Boonen (not sure though) with pics on Cyclingnews that also had his stem dead straight up. I had mine pretty much up, see my pics a few above this one, when I first rode the bike, since dropped it alot, and the bike steers and handles just fine. I must admit that when you look at that setup knowing what we all know about bikes, theres no way it'll handle well, but we are wrong. Due to the way the front end is designed that setup handles well. Remember, the pivot point of the fork/handlebar is far behind the front of the bike. The effective stem is much longer then from where the stem is mounted. The fork pivot point, what is normally a headset, is well behind the stem mount, effectively lengthening the stem. These bikes are far less twitchy then my Zipp 2001's.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Paul for pointing this out, perhaps before the shop set this up they should have consulted the lap top brigade. ;-p. Rode it for a few miles Saturday & it handled great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: inaba116: May 1, 09 7:04
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [inaba116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^Damn!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 Du-ayyyy-ummmmm......

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well now, it appears that I have gone from the old bike de jour (P3C) to the new bike de jour . . . this surely confirms my pouser status . . .

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my new ride out on its maiden voyage. Has been in my LBS' basement built-up for the past 12 years, but had never seen the outdoors. Will be fun getting into CX this fall!

Quote | Reply
Well, I got spooked by Blackwell going out of business and now that I know what I want, my goal for this baby is to Zipp her out--Vuka Aero bars, VumaChrono cranks, and of course the wheels... It'll take some time but the result will be quite nice. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DrPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it as is...but hey its your money!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEEEEEET!
Quote Reply

Prev Next