Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri top recommendations needed for woman with a larger chest
Quote | Reply
I am going to be doing my first tri (sprint distance) in a few weeks, but I am still looking for a tri top with great support. I am a 34DD and really need more than a flimsy shelf bra that a lot of tri tops seems to have- even if I wear a sports bra underneath, since it'll all be wet from the swim. I'm sure I can't be the only woman who has struggled with this! Recommendations, please!
Quote Reply
Re: tri top recommendations needed for woman with a larger chest [sarimose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recommend doubling up. Just wear your regular sports bra underneath and the tri top over it.
Quote Reply
Re: tri top recommendations needed for woman with a larger chest [sarimose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are none.

Seriously, I've been at this for 10+ years and have never found a tri top I could wear on it's own. I wear a super tight sports bra then put a tri top w/shelf bra over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a C and still wear a sports bra under the tri top. I really like the Champions one from Target - seems to dry quickly and doesn't chaffe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not very big on top and even I wear a sports bra underneath tri tops. I'm not sure why they even bother with the shelf bra. Clearly designed by men ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Zoot one piece race suit that I'm able to wear without doubling up, but that is it -- all the tops I've ever tried I doubled up the sports bra, or picked the style without the stupid shelf bra ;)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oprah Winfrey's sports bra.

http://www.enell.com/index.php

"You won't bounce, not now, not ever bra," according to Title Nine Sports.

Before I had breast reduction, I wore this bra for triathlons and it works.

It's not a thing of beauty, but it gets the job done.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one that I used to wear was made by Sugoi (Sugoi Turbo Tri bra), but they, of course, don't make it anymore.

Enell is not a bad choice. Those suckers are mega supportive and could be worn alone during the race.

I just added the newer Saucony triathlon bra top to the store and am in process of adding the Oomph bra. Haven't tried either, yet, though, but am hopeful they could be worn alone for us larger cup sizes. Time will tell...

Otherwise, I join in with everyone else and say just double-up. It's actually not at all uncomfortable as long as you wear a quick dry bra. So don't worry about discomfort during the race.

Hope that helps!

Emily

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply
Re: tri top recommendations needed for woman with a larger chest [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oprah Winfrey's sports bra.

http://www.enell.com/index.php

"You won't bounce, not now, not ever bra," according to Title Nine Sports.

Before I had breast reduction, I wore this bra for triathlons and it works.

It's not a thing of beauty, but it gets the job done. ^^^ This is the ONLY answer....you won't regret it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had good luck with Desoto. They have a full tri top with a shelf bra that worked for me (36D). It did start to lose the
elasticity after awhile.

I want to find a sports bra with just enough padding to hide my nipples but not get water logged during the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the answer I think you have been looking for. Champion underwire sports bra. Go to a large department store that carries several models of them and look for only the ones with underwire. Then take all variations of sizes into the dressing room with you, even if it's larger and smaller than you would ever buy. Try them all on and I guarantee you will never bounce again. I'm a D/DD depending and my girls are frozen into place, even after coming out of the swim soaking wet.

Enjoy!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Champion Bra
Sugoi (no longer made as mentioned previously)
No tri top or tri suit I've ever tried on would support me enough to run so i double up.

Nowadays I use Moving Comfort Lila Bra under tri tops. Moving Comfort also makes some compression run shorts that are really good (the crotch goes from left to right instead of front to back). Zero chafing in our sweaty climate. Desoto tri tops are very popular amongst the ladies that do our women only tri series -some wear them without bras but most of the larger chested girls double up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkirtSports put out a request for feedback on their stuff for next season on Twitter. I sent in a note regarding the need for a tri-top for larger women that is supportive. Never got an acknowlegment. Sad....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: tri top recommendations needed for woman with a larger chest [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend who's a 36C likes the Fiona Bra from Moving Comfort. She wears it under her tri tops that don't have built in support, and prefers wearing this combo - tri top with no shelf bra + the moving comfort bra.

I wouldn't know though, I'm not "larger chested" and have never had a problem wearing a tri top with a shelf bra.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.jamtrisuits.com/jam_trisuits.htm

Try the JAM tri suit - designed by women for women...
Quote Reply
Re: tri top recommendations needed for woman with a larger chest [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My friend who's a 36C likes the Fiona Bra from Moving Comfort. She wears it under her tri tops that don't have built in support, and prefers wearing this combo - tri top with no shelf bra + the moving comfort bra.

My wife, a 36F, really likes her Moving Comfort bras, but they stop at an E cup so its a tight fit!
But she defiantly double-ups for every slightly physical activity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pre breast reduction the only bra I could wear while running was an Enell and with a small back and an extremely large cup I had to play with their sizing a bit. After surgery (and still not even close to being small chested) I ran in the Shock Absorber until I showed up in Seattle to run a marathon with out a bra. With much hesitation (and really no choice) I bought a Fiona bra by moving comfort. I ended up having zero chaffing issues and I have never been so comfortable running as I was that marathon morning. So needless to say as I headed out of town back I picked up a SECOND one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply