Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim suit branching out
Quote | Reply
I have swam competitively since I was a kid and have worn TYR, thin strapped, lycra suits for a long time. I have tried Speedo and a few other brands and always go back to the TYR for fit, comfort and durability.

In an effort to save a buck, I noticed that Swimoutlet.com has a few brands of suits that I have never tried for pretty cheap ($19.99). I am wondering if any of you have tried a ClubSwim, Dolphin or Waterpro women's suit? Did they last as long as a TYR or Speedo (or other higher priced suit)? How did they fit and feel to swim in compared to a pricier suit?

example: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/12556.htm

I want to try one, but don't want to spend $20 plus $50 when I have to buy a TYR after finding out that the other brand is a sucky suit.

If you have bought one of those brands...any reviews?

Thanks!
Anne
Quote Reply
Re: Swim suit branching out [trigoneroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend put me onto the Dolfin suits, before that I used to wear TYR and never had any luck with Speedo. I think the Dolfin suits are more comfortable and last longer. Normally I just order a grab bag so some of the prints can be quite out there...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The club swim suits are okay. But they stretch out a lot faster than other brands.

A favorite around here is splish and they are nice and last a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I tried a dolphin last year. I got for 10$ on Ebay. It was great but the color faded - the fabric was okay, not stretching, thinning or anything.
I do grab bag TYR from Ebay and usually get a good price. Often you can find a TYR or SPeedo on Ebay for about 20$. I go through phases where I just search a few times and stock up on a few at a good price. You can also get NIKE and Dolphin on there.
I got a ZOOT swim suit I loved on EBAY but left it in the Locker room and it disappeared (EWWW, Gross).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried the ClubSwim before and the stitching came out on the straps and the lycra is just not that great of quality. I buy Speedo or TYR from swimoutlet.com and would by the Clubswim for my kids (Costco is the best deal however for little girls speedos). I've also found some great deals on Nike swim suits at TJ MAX- $16.99!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the waterpro suits before. They would typically last around 8-10 weeks of swimming 3x per week for 90 mins.

I've gone to poly and never looked back. I have three I can rotate for variety and my oldest one is 3+ years old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like Dolfin. My friend who swam in college recommended them - they have loud prints but they last! Got 2 suits last August and I'm still wearing them despite swimming 15-20k+ a week in super chlorinated pools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another brand to look at is Finis. They make a very good quality polyester suit. Swimoutlet has them at $35.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!! Sounds like if I veer away from TYR, Dolphin might be a safe bet. I never thought to look on ebay for suits. Good idea too. I have found some good deals on TYR suits on sierratradingpost.com and swimoutlet.com. Thanks for the input, ladies!

Anne
Quote Reply