Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully me. Wife just approved the purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [triDVM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
https://buy.garmin.com/...ID=142&pID=27335

349.99 - now if i can just get one...
It looks like $350 is the price for the version without the HRM strap. The version with the HRM strap included looks like it's going to run about $400. (Based on the RoadRunnerSports site.)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [dbarron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweet.

Our biggest challenge isn’t someone else. It’s the ache in your lungs. The burning in your legs. And that voice in your head that yells “CAN’T,” but you don’t listen. You just push harder. And then you hear that voice whisper, “can” and you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the person you really are
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [irncpl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What is it with this blasted sport that just when you think you have all the toys, something else comes along?

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm building a custom CX bike right now and every time I turn around something gets more expensive. The $300 fork I wanted is no longer available, so I'm getting the $500 one... just tack this new Garmin onto the quickly-mounting list of expenses, i guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks cool but I'm still a little concerned that it's going to be too bulky to fit under a wetsuit sleeve. Hopefully I'm wrong.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, so I feel like I'm the only disappointed one.

The two major changes - double battery life and waterproof - were the no brainer changes.

I was really hoping the form factor would be improved. It still looks huge and clunky on the wrist. Less than the 305, sure, but still. I was hoping for something more along the 405 form, but without the bezel, and with all the new features.

Up in the air. Was hoping for something more (color, maps, etc.) or game changing. This is just evolutionary.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [birchfinch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It didn't seem that it had a "altimeter" built in...That would take this product from really awesome to Kim Kardashian<----amazing..
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [Kuota K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well my 305 has been having issues as of late, so hopefully they become super cheap. The waterproof feature is great for training, but I also have to agree that, you cant wear this under a wetsuit. Too much of a pain to strip off over.

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [Kuota K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that mean we'll get to see videos of the 310 xt "syncing" with another unit and it will somehow become famous? :)

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 310XT and 405CX Now Official [birchfinch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Okay, so I feel like I'm the only disappointed one.

The two major changes - double battery life and waterproof - were the no brainer changes.

I was really hoping the form factor would be improved. It still looks huge and clunky on the wrist. Less than the 305, sure, but still. I was hoping for something more along the 405 form, but without the bezel, and with all the new features.

Up in the air. Was hoping for something more (color, maps, etc.) or game changing. This is just evolutionary.
You are not the only one who is disappointed. Garmin did NOTHING to improve this device. I will consequently pay NOTHING to get one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next