Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by RunMomRun
Re: sucker punched (venting/long) [RunMomRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunMom - Regardless of what you were looking for... I am sorry you and your family are having to deal with such a difficult situation. I am sure it is not easy on anyone involved. I will not offer advice because your situation is yours and your family must bear the burden of working through it. I will hope that you and the people who mean the most of you pull through this. All the best!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If she wants to treat you that way, then that's her problem, not yours. You need to worry about what you have control over. That's your own immediate family. Take care of your kids and husband and make the best life you can for them. Stop worrying about her since you can't change her. Stop being angry with her since it's only hurting you. Start feeling a little empathy towards her. She's really in a horrible situation and isn't dealing with it very well. Move on. Let her deal with your husband since that's her brother, but just remove yourself from the whole deal.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to hear about the whole situation. i would hope that the in-laws will come around once things 'sink in', but who knows.

on the other hand, i think you just need to remind yourself that you did what you felt you needed to, and to protect your own family (daughter). it sucks to be blamed - and i think i would be super-pissed in your case (like, wanting to go punch an in-law pissed. i would recommend against this though - go for a run instead). in any case, i have to believe it's a better outcome that ignoring your gut, and realizing too late.

good luck, and try not to let it keep you down.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has he been sentenced?

Sorry you're stressed out, deep breaths, this too shall pass...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember your prior thread.

It's his sister. It's up to him if he wants a relationship with her or not, I mean it's his family. She's probably in shock still, and needs some support. Of course she'll call him and not you, that's completely to be expected in your situation. She's probably still going through the grieving process to a certain extent. Give her time and space, have a bit of empathy for her, check the "I told you so" attitude at the door and move on. Don't hold your husband hostage here. He's an adult and he shouldn't have to choose between you two.

My 2 cents.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they have to be mad at someone (the family) and I’m the perfect candidate

You said it all right there. They need a scapegoat and it can't be a family member. You're not blood so to them you're expendable. Personally, I'd say screw 'em, who needs 'em. You did the right thing.

Quote Reply
Re: sucker punched (venting/long) [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He hasn't been sentenced. That is going to happen on the 23 or 24th of April.

As far as my husband, I would never ask him not to have a relationship with his sister. I told him so last night just to make sure he really understood that. I guess what I need from him (and something he plans on doing) is to stick up for me. To tell his sister that 'we are united on our decision' and he doesn't appreciate how she treated me. He thinks the way his sister is acting is crappy - although we both do understand. She needs someone to be mad at, heck they all do....

It just sucks. Back in the day I was a scrapper and my first reaction was to bitch slap her...my mother in law....but I know that isn't the right thing to do. My head tells me to do crazy things but my heart, my soul knows that taking the high road is the right way, and thus the way I know I'll choose. I just have to stop being pissed first. :)

Quote | Reply
Your duty is to protect your daughters. You have done the right thing and taken the right steps. You and your husband both.

Look at them as your source of encouragement when you just want to strangle your sister in law. I don't recall exactly how old they are but you have acted wisely to preserve their innocence and save them from potential harm. They can have a "normal" childhood, largely because you and your husband are smart and care about their well being.

As for your sister in law... Well... She may come around. She may not. She may hate you forever and blame you entirely for everything that's bad with her life. It's not your problem. Just continue to be a strong parent and role model for your girls, protect them, love them, and support them. Do the same for your husband. Everything else is irrelevant.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As everyone else has already said, you did the right thing. Protecting the innocence and purity of your 4 y/o is the most important thing in the world. Especially more important than you sister-in-law. I'm really glad to hear your husband is supporting you. Good luck and try not to worry about her, she'll probably always blame you.

------------------------------------------------------------
I have failed at many things, but never in my desire to try again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you the same person that has issues with your MIL undermining your authority with your kids and stuff like that?

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: sucker punched (venting/long) [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, that would be me. I've realized that this entire family of mine is flat out crazy (I'm sure they'll say the same about me; to each their own). I'm just glad so so glad that I didn't buy into the families BS about the BIL being innocent and trusted my gut to check things out on my own (and are even more grateful my husband has my back). I just have to keep focusing on my two little girls, my husband and the incredible friends I have. I'm almost to the point of actually laughing at the situation. I mean how screwed up does a person have to be to say "I split this family apart" when the person that did the splitting was the freak that wanted to have sex with an 11 year old child.

Quote | Reply
Denial is a powerful, crazy emotion that leads people to do outlandish things to maintain the reality they had. Excuse my francais, but phuc her ... she married the pedophile, not you. And if she chooses to ignore that reality, that's her problem not yours.

One thing I might consider: a restraining order against her. If she blames you for her husband's impending imprisonment, she might be unstable enough to act out against you. A restraining order would do two things: 1.) Put her on notice that there is a clear and legal line she is not to cross; and 2.) Empower the authorities to act when/if she crosses that line.

(And, get a Glock 19. Learn how to use it. Serious.)

Pedophiles, all other depravities aside, will deny their crimes even in the face of the most damning evidence. It's weird ... you can confront them with the most irrefutable, conclusive proof and many of them will still deny deny deny.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming there's no chance you and your family can pick up and move? Between your MIL and her issues and the BIL and his issues (and the SIL issues that stem from that) it sounds like this would be the perfect time to get out of dodge. Not realistic I know, but if the opportunity ever does present itself it may be a blessing.

Until then, if your MIL, SIL, or any other in-law ever accuses you to your face of breaking up the family I think you should reply with the facts. "I was not the one who proposititioned an 11yr old for sex - that is what broke up this family." Stand by the facts because no matter how much they want to blame you for this situation the truth is that it wasn't your doing. It may or may not sink in with them but it is the truth and it will likely shut them up.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: sucker punched (venting/long) [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea! Move to Prosser! It's far enough from the TC that nobody really wants to come and visit, the schools are great, plus you would have a great training buddy.

Oh and from lilpups perspective, it's the home of Chukkar Cherries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May I offer a slightly different perspective?

This is not about you.

You and your husband have made some solid choices and seem to be much needed support for each other. Nurture that relationship. Continue to be support for each other. Understand that as this moves forward, your husband will likely be in a more difficult spot than you. Have patience and do your best to remain positive and provide the support he will need.

Try not to attack or criticize any of your in-laws. They will likely continue to lash out and assign blame. Their target will likely be you. Try to be strong enough to shoulder that burden and understand that their pain and suffering pales in comparison to yours.

If you ever are in a conversation where they attack you or blame you, I would suggest that you respond with, "I am sorry you feel that way. This is a very difficult time."

It will be hard but I fear that your relationship with your husband will suffer if you contribute to the "us v. them" mentality that appears to already have been established. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: sucker punched (venting/long) [Brick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is so true. It is NOT about YOU its about THEM making it about YOU as this is how they can somehow deal with it...though that leap of logic is crazy. Families do crazy things. I cannot imagine the kind of pain and denial they are going through and for some reason its YOUR fault. Of course its not!
But yeah, your husband is in a weird position. He has to stick up for you also. But remember, its not about you and try to remember that. You did the right thing finding out more info.
My BF years ago turned in his own sister to social services as she has 2 kids and was drunk and stoned all the time. Now that was hard, a hard decision to make. Oh but guess who is blamed still for this? yes me. And its fine as I saw this woman turned her life around and did get her kids back and now they are in a safe good place with her. But me? I am not popular to put it midly,and I had nothing to do with it at all! But makes things easier around the holidays, I can go for a long run or ride by myself as I wont go over to those 'family functions' and deal with all that BS. This is way more serious though. But yes TRY its hard but remember-not (really) about you! take care
Quote Reply
Re: sucker punched (venting/long) [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took in every persons comment on this thread and have very much appreciated all the input I've received (it's helped tremendously)....but your comment stung...which made me look twice at it. I'm a firm believer that it's the things that 'sting' that you need to take a second glance at because usually there is truth behind it.

You are absolutely right, this is NOT about me and because of my frustration I was allowing the bitterness my family is carrying towards me to make it about me. But in all honesty, you are 100% right on. They are all going through a horrible horrible reality right now. Although I do hope that my BIL is sentenced to the fullest amount possible (due to his incredible lack of remorse; praying that the 'time' will help the walls he has built up come down and he gets the help he needs)....at the same time I can only imagine what is going through my sister-in-law's head, her childrens', her husbands'. Their entire world was just turned upside down and inside out and their reality will take a permanent shift.

So, with that said, I've come to terms with my frustration over the situation and I feel at peace more and more now. The unsettled feeling that something wasn't right was confirmed by a jury when they found him guilty. That brings me peace, knowing that when my heart is saying something to me - I need to listen up. My husband and I have protected our children and honestly that is all we ever wanted.

It is not my job to throw the gavel down in judgment. That is up to a judge. It is my job to put out as much positive energy regardless how they have reacted towards our decision. If they don't ever want anything more to do with me, I'm ok with that, and feel so without any bitterness. I know that we made the right decision. I can not control how they react to that decision BUT I can control how I react to them. My plan is to do so in the shadows, not casting any stones, and show nothing but love towards them - in thoughts and speech, and actions.

Thanks for making me take a second glance everyone....especially you Brick.

Last edited by: RunMomRun: Apr 2, 09 8:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad you found my comments helpful. I am sorry they had to sting.

Sometimes we are so close to a situation that it is difficult to recognize when others are hurting more than we are. Your husband sounds like a keeper (and so do you). I hope that both of you are passed the hardest part but I fear the worst is yet to come. Neither of you can control what your in-laws say, do or think. And they will probably say, do and think some pretty mean stuff. If you can, stay positive and supportive and don't demand that your husband "defend" you. You do not need defending. You and your husband know this and that is truly all that matters. Maybe there will come a time when your in-laws recognize what they have done and will seek your forgiveness, be prepared to give it to them no questions asked. Again good luck and I hope it works out for you, your husband and your children. All the best, Paul
Quote Reply
Re: sucker punched (venting/long): UPDATE [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week at church my nephew (19 years old) was walking past me. I smiled, not sure how he would respond, but would have been ok if he ignored me (like my 16 year old neice did moments earlier). You can imagine how delighted I was when he smiled back and walked towards me and gave me a hug.

On Thursday my brother-in-law was sentenced to 8 years in prision for his crimes. My understanding is that he'll most likely serve at least 75% of that sentence. His entire family was in the court room (even his 3 children) when the judge told him "your family does not want to see what you wrote, said, planned....look at them and know how badly your actions have hurt them".

I'm not sad that he is in jail, but....I'm in no way happy about it either. It is just so so sad....

Last edited by: RunMomRun: Apr 24, 09 16:07
Quote Reply