Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

coooookieees
Quote | Reply
My husband brought home FOUR boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Scout cookies last night. I'm almost through one box already. I love them cold, frozen, warm, basically by the handfuls! I have to stop myself before I do some major damage. Friggn girl scouts making such yummy cookies.

What's your fav GS Cookie?

Quote | Reply
Tagalongs, hands down. I bought 2 boxes this year and my husband and I would plow though a box in one sitting. I had to stop buy them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: coooookieees [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I've ever had those....what are they? Feel free to provide as much yummy detail as possible. :)

Quote | Reply
They are the ones with a gob on peanut butter on top of the cookie and covered in chocolate. It is a bit like a Recees PB cup but with a cookie as a base and much better.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: coooookieees [leslieW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine are the Samoas (the coconut, carmel drizzled in chocolate nests of pure evil... ) My husband brought me home two boxes as a treat and then we had to avoid eye contact with the girl scouts at the local supermarket. "Luckily," someone at work decided to bring them in a few times last week. Thankfully, I think GS cookie season has ended...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the peanut butter sandwich ones.

GS cookies are good but not as good as homemade cookies IMO.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had 5 boxes of tagalongs in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I loved every bite. Nothing beats tagalongs and mild.
Quote Reply
Re: coooookieees [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually I totally agree with you. I like the GS cooks but nothing, NOTHING beats the Chock-Chip cookies I make. Man they are yummy.

Quote | Reply
I'm vegan, so unfortunately I don't get to enjoy GS cookies anymore. But when I was younger LOVED Samoas. Before I had any concept of calories, I would eat an entire box in like one sitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I mostly just lurk on here, but proper eating of GS cookies is important! ;-)

Get a thin mint, and bite a small bite on opposite ends of it, then dip one end into a glass of milk and suck the milk through the cookie, using it as sort of a straw. The milk gets chocolatey and minty. Then stuff the rest of the cookie in your mouth - it's a little cookie mint-chocolate milk explosion. Yum.

It sounds odd, but totally worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the canadian girl guide cookies, just plain vanilla and chocolate, or thats what they were like when I was growing up....also agree, homemade is best and I never got the appeal of the GS cookies....also hate to be a downer but have you ever read the list of ingredients??? ouch!
Quote Reply
Re: coooookieees [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some things I just turn a blind eye to as far as labels. This is one of them. :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO so so true. When I know I'm eating something crappy, I go by the theory that if you don't read the label it isn't as bad for you as you think and the calories HAVE to be low. :)

Quote | Reply
I'm a Girl Scout Leader and my husband loves cookies. We buy about 30 boxes a year. Yep, that's $100 in cookies. Throw them in the deep freeze and they last all year. Give a few as gifts at Easter and Xmas, but mostly the family eats them when we're camping or playing video games. No trans fat in any of the cookies - event the Samoas - my personal favorites:-) And definitely, some things are worth overlooking the label.

Gotta love cookies!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading this thread yesterday, I remembered I had most of a box of Tagalongs left in my drawer at work. And had 8 of them for lunch. This logically seemed like a good idea because I forgot my purse and rather than ask someone to borrow money to buy real food, why not just eat the girlscout cookies right? Note, in the drawer next to the cookies was a microwavable bowl of soup...but nope, already had my heart set on eating cookies for lunch.
Quote Reply
Re: coooookieees [jgdt08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also a lurker here. It has taken a cookie discussion to finally lure me out! (I have my priorities, clearly!)
I ordered four boxes from a co-worker that should be arriving soon. I told my fiance I only ordered two ; )
We like to make little ice cream sandwiches out of the tagalongs: 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream + 2 chocolatey peanut buttery delicious cookies = a little slice of heaven!
Quote Reply
Re: coooookieees [njtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO nothing is better than chocolate biscotti as far as cookies go (those count right?)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: coooookieees [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, biscotti don't count. They aren't bad enough for you. Sorry, tc, FAIL!

Jen

Quote Reply