Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$$ COST OF KONA $$
Quote | Reply
Does any one out there know how much it costs to register for the October 2009 Kona Ironman? I can't find this info on the official website. Thanks, Tim
Quote Reply
Re: $$ COST OF KONA $$ [cervelorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$570. You pay onsite at qualification, so there is no active.com charge. I am not sure if that amount included a credit card fee.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CR-Going to Kona's an expensive proposition, $1032 for airfare alone from Virgnia-not including bike! There have been a couple recent previous threads about local accommodations, etc. and yours might be an excellent opportunity to glean a wealth of knowledge from a wide audience to have the best Hawaiian experience without breaking the bank.

For example, my first time there I only stayed in my hotel two nights as I found I could share a room thus saving $$. For the past ten or fifteen years we've gotten a condo further lowering our housing expenses, and take turns with dinner. Many of us know the area well and would be happy to share our thoughts.

John H. Post, III, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Charlottesville, VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does any one out there know how much it costs to register for the October 2009 Kona Ironman? I can't find this info on the official website. Thanks, Tim
I qualified at IMWI '08 (for Kona '09). I paid $550 onsite for registration. No active.com stuff or anything like that. Now, the cost of getting there, shipping the bike, housing, etc....thats a whole different story!

-Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMH is an expensive race to go to. It always has been. For Pros and AG'ers alike it's likley the most expensive race all year or any year that they will go to. There are ways of cutting costs and keeping the budget low, but overall it's an expensive undertaking.

It does limit who goes. I know of more than a few Pros and many AG'ers who choose not to go because of the cost and other factors as well - time of year, time needed to go etc. . .

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: $$ COST OF KONA $$ [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But for those that can and do go it's worth every cent :)
Quote Reply