Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tritop for my GF
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend, who has yet to be sucked into the slowtwitch black hole like me, has been trying like crazy to find a tri-top that works. She's 32 C/D and really doesn't like having to use a sports bra underneath her top. She wants it to look cute but still give support. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Tritop for my GF [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I should have added that she does Sprint and Oly only and doesn't seem to want to go into the longer distance races if that makes a difference to the suggestions. Thanks again for any help.

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I can't be much help. I'm a C/D and I can't imagine wearing a tri top without a sports bra underneath. I've never found anything with enough support. I also like having the sports bra for long distance races because then you can change tops in transition if you want to.
Quote Reply
Re: Tritop for my GF [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have tried to convince her that most of my tri female friends wear a bra if they're packing any kind of heat up top, but she is really against it. Hers are, um, enhanced, and I think she thinks she can get away with a tri top only because of it, which might definitely be true. It's just the ones she's tried gave no real support or were too tiny. I might just have to convince her of the miracle of Body Glide and sports bras. :-)

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only time I wear a tri top with no sports bra underneath is when said tri top has a built in bra! Otherwise, a sports bra is a must, even for this "A" chick! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tritop for my GF [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used the Zoot one with the built in 360?

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I love Zoot bra's/tri tops. They are supportive and I'm the same size as your gf. I don't which one is the one with the built in 360.
Quote Reply
Re: Tritop for my GF [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much, I'll swing her by All3 since they carry Zoot. I think it's the Zoot TRIfit Tank

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tanks are not good for bounce control (unless they have changed the model). Go with the crop bras. They are made for s/b/r.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have a zoot tri suit that was 360...and I'm built like your wife...it felt fine, but the first time I looked at the pictures of me running, I wore a bra under it. Seriously, you could just tell they moved back and forth with every step.

I tried the zoot tops and they were too narrow in front and still not a lot of support. I tried a smaller size and it felt bettter, but looked even worse.

I did IMF in a Desoto tri top in a size smaller than I would normally wear and I felt like the boobs stayed in place.

Now I wear a sugoi top, but it's really just a bra.
Quote Reply
Re: Tritop for my GF [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Zoot ultra crop top :-)

I am a D/DD cup and have done the occasional run in it but for the longer runs and all tri's I always wear a proper sports bra underneath, then the Zoot crop top and then my De Soto tri suit.

Body glide is also fabulous!

Trust me she will race much better if the girls are firmly in place ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO the zoot 360 feels constricting, but doesn't do a good job controlling the bounce. Like Pirategirl, I though mine was doing an ok job (judging on how tight it felt) until I saw pictures. Now I double up and wear a sports bra underneath.
Quote Reply
Re: Tritop for my GF [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. I'll let her know. Considering the numbers I had already told her about of women I knew who raced pretty seriously and not one that had any boobs did it without a sports bra I think she knows what's coming. :-)

I really appreciate all the feedback and I'll get her an extra BodyGlide stick to help ease her in and perk her up with the fact that body glide means we can ease her out of the top later easily too. :-) Thank you all again.

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the "Wahini" Oomph top from 2005 and the "Endurance Singlet" by 2XU from 2007. Both have internal bras that seem to be like "real" sports bras as opposed to the token "shelf bra", which is only good if you don't ever plan to run, walk or move whilst wearing the top. I'm a small B, so I realize that we're comparing apples to oranges in terms of support needs (ha!) but she might want to take a look at either of those tops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to chime in here... I'm a D and have never gone sans sports bra under tri top. I buy Road Runner Sports bras in a size S even though I should wear an M. I do not like any bounce. It feels a little constricting at first, but when you're in the heat of a race, the mind thinks of other things.
Quote Reply
Re: Tritop for my GF [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mind SHOULD be thinking of other things during a race. We're working on a little less "Oh look those are cool shoes" towards a little more "I can kick that girls butt! Um, and then ask her where she got her shoes" :-)

Thank you for the feedback. I'll mention those sports bras to her as well.

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply