Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/3
Quote | Reply
Hello out there!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/3 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week

5 swims Nope, swam 2x, 11k
6 runs (just 6! no doubles! and one no-run day) Yup, took one day off, still got in 73.1 miles, with one flawless 20 miler
2 rides only one 1:15
Finish thesis section YES! and my advisor has it in her hands now

For this week:
ride a little bit every day
swim... I have been so slacking on swimming...
Thursday off from running, and nail the paces on the long run this weekend
work on thesis every day (just making it a habit)
get more sleep... have been so tired. And thus skipping swimming :P
come up with more food groups than fruit, vegetables, and chocolate

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goal for last week was to survive a 10 miler last Saturday. I finished strong in 1:36 -- I was hoping for 1:40-ish, so I did better than I thought I would. Plus, my husband didn't have to wait as long for me (he finished in 1:24, grrrrr).

Decided to continue my vegan diet into March. I lost 6 lbs in February; I'd like to lose 4 more. So that's ongoing... so far so good.

This week:
- add mileage to my long run
- get in one solid LSD swim (at least 3000 continuous)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've put 4 pounds back on. I'd lost 5. Hmmm....perhaps it is the cake, mini-eggs and missing workouts because I was sick.

This weeks goals:
Run every day according to coach's schedule
Stop eating cake. Birthdays are done in my house.
Limit myself to 1 serving of mini-eggs a day. I can't commit to eliminating them because that would mean utter failure.
Cut back my eating to 1400 calories a day, my sweet spot for dropping weight at a reasonable pace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I am saying about last week is...

I ran my first 50K, Cheaha 50K to be specific, and I finished it. I may be slower than molasses in winter, but I didn't finished without getting pulled for time.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week--
1) Really get diet back on track -- Average I guess. I was right on with calories in and calories out but the calories in tended to be of the unhealthy variety -- mini eggs, cupcakes, frozen meals. Weight did stay the same so maybe Steve-Oh is on to something :)
2) Stay warm and have a good time at the Southern Kettle Moraine AR on Saturday -- Had a good time and managed to stay somewhat warm. I took a hard fall on the ice and have taken the last 3 days off for the swelling in my arm to go down. All seems to be on the mend and I should hopefully return to training tomorrow. But having all this time off, my house can finally be called "somewhat" clean. And I can't wait for my next AR. Hopefully it will be warmer than 22.
3) Complete bike workout on Thursdays. I have been so slack and skipping this workout!!-- Done. Actually had a good workout.

Goals for this week --
1) Be smart about training and my arm injury. It doesn't look all that bad (ie no fantastic bruise) but the entire arm is super sore and my forearm is/was swollen. No need to rush back into things and really injure myself -- it is only March!
2) Keep positive on the long run on Sunday (only 39 days till McNaughton).
3) Finish cleaning my house by mopping my floors (I hate doing this).

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/3 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just discovered the "mini egg" thing. Mom brought home Easter food - hot cross buns, mini eggs.

The ones she got are butterfinger min eggs. I want a peanut butter filled mini egg or ten. I have been craving chocolate-and-peanut-butter all day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Butterfinger mini eggs are not REAL mini eggs.

They are Cadbury little chocolate eggs covered in a pastel sugar shell. Amazing.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/3 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Butterfinger mini eggs are not REAL mini eggs.

They are Cadbury little chocolate eggs covered in a pastel sugar shell. Amazing.

+1

I have yet to indulge this year. I am hoping I can make it until April.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jen-are you still training do and eating 1400 calories/day? after months of staying about the same and eating a 'reasonaale/ amount of calories to support running at least an hour a day/ no budge on the scale. I started sticking around 1500 a day and finally seeing results. So I am going to do what works for me and not listen to what I 'should' do,
Mini eggs---Captain Canada have you had the one with pop rocks in 'em? can't get them in the US for some reason. SO yummy and fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/3 [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh dear, I have fallen off the wagon and splatted onto my face. Right now I'm training 30 - 40 minutes a day to get back into running shape. My diet has been a disaster, to say the least.

Everyone is different and adding that exta 100 calories sounded like exactly the right thing for you to do. I'm glad it is working!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know you're about 1 week away from the food police coming to your door.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/3 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The food police aren't allowed to have double standards. Oh wait, that was one of the rules, wasn't it? Dammit.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AHA! Tell the food police when they stop by your place, that they should probably take a trip to my house too.