Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

for those with deSoto wetsuits
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

I just ordered a DeSoto T1 wetsuit really based on reviews on this forum. I had two Ironman suits and had a couple of water panic attacks while in them. I hate wetsuits and thought the T1 would be less restrictive.

I just tried on the pieces and wonder where in the bib your boobs go (I am a 47 year old woman, not trolling, I promise). Outside (probably not possible to swim this way)? Inside? Right over the top?

and..there is a seam that hits right on the side of said boobs. Do any of you have problems with chafing there? Have a suggestion as to what suit under the bibjohn works best?

I haven't swum in it yet, so I realize it may be a non-issue.

Thanks!

Jannette Finch
Quote Reply
Re: for those with deSoto wetsuits [Finch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have worn and swam in mine once ever and it was for IMC last year. I have absolutely no idea where my boobs were in relation to the bib. There was definitely no chafing of any sort though. I just had my regular training Speedo suit under.

I can say this: considering up to that day I had never even put the thing on, much less actually swam in it (or any wetsuit for that matter), I was perfectly comfortable and didn't feel restricted at all.

Quote | Reply
I would wear something under the wetsuit, that would stop the chafing of the boobs.

I have a Desoto T1 and love it. Never had any issues with boob placement. And mine are larger than average. They just sort of go where they go.
Quote Reply
Re: for those with deSoto wetsuits [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I tried it on without a suit on the top--like a good girl I made sure I had bottoms on!--

that would probably take care of the boob issue. They would just squish like normal!

Thanks! I am really glad to hear about your swim success in wearing it for first time untested.
Last edited by: Finch: Mar 2, 09 12:24
Quote Reply