Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread 2/23
Quote | Reply
I am enjoying a snow day from school!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Me [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a good week. Worked on my thesis, ran 72 mi, swam 20.5k (short of the 25k goal), rode 1:05 (because I am a cycling slacker). Met my nutrition goal for the week which was 'eating something carbohydrate with lunch not just veggies' and didn't purge once.

My week was thus a success.

Goals for this week
5 swims
6 runs (just 6! no doubles! and one no-run day)
2 rides
Finish thesis section
new nutrition goal will be determined tomorrow so I'll update that later

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Me [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week--
1) Get snacking/sugar under control -- FAIL! Between the mini eggs and going wedding cake tasting with a friend, it has been bad news all around! But I can say it had been fun!
2) long run on Sunday (starting the build for McNaughton)-- Done. Running on a hilly snow covered trail is much much harder than running along the flat lakefront path. Ran with friends and we got it done.

Goals for this week--
1) Really get diet back on track.
2) Stay warm and have a good time at the Southern Kettle Moraine AR on Saturday
3) Complete bike workout on Thursdays. I have been so slack and skipping this workout!!

Quote Reply
Re: Me [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You ran 72 miles? Wow! That is impressive!
Quote Reply
Re: Me [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's impressive except if I get hurt, which is to say, it won't happen again this week. I ran 9.5 mi this morning and tomorrow my challenge is to get up and snowshoe instead of run.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 2/23 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:

* 29:xx for the 1650 swim.
I went 28:01. Yeah, baby!!!! PR!!!!

* +2 mi to my long run
Nope. Snow and ice-covered sidewalks. Plus my swim coach was harassing me on Friday/Saturday to taper for the 1650.

* celebrate my b-day in style (vegan cupcake, here I come)

My husband made me vegan cupcakes, all by himself. They were so beautiful that I took a picture! :)

Also, -1 lb for the week.

Goal for this week:
* 10 mile run/race this Saturday -- survive, since I am undertrained. I am sick of winter. Come on Spring!
Last edited by: squesen: Feb 23, 09 12:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a great week - only 4 days running, and only 2, 3 days that I was actually happy with what I ran.

Still, I feel a lot more in control of things in my life in general, and I think that will translate well into my training. Up to know I've been training at marathon distances, and I have a horrible habit of saying to myself that I'm still at distances I can fake my way through and then skipping runs.

I also figured out that my 405 isn't deleting all my runs, but that for whatever reason they're not uploading, so only a fraction of the runs are actually ending up on motionbased....weird. Not really an important goal, but I would like to not lose any runs this week.

Otherwise for this week, continue to work on eating, actually get 6 days in (my stationary bike is so crappy I don't really count it as working out), and go to the OA meeting on Sunday again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was so bad I didn't even keep track. Did compete in a masters swim meet on Saturday and it was a blast. Old people in speedos-always a treat. And it was at a school pool so the beer relay was O'Douls. Yuck. But our little bitty masters team did very well and it's great fun to just hang out with the gang.
I'll get back on track this week I hope.
Have a great week y'all!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: Ride the bike! Supposed to race on Saturday and I'll probably decide the morning of.

I started the race on Saturday and did 1 of 3 laps. Still a little pain, so I didn't want to push it. Got to see Katy finish her first cycling road race!

This week: Back on the bike more. Another set of races this weekend. Again, playing it by ear.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
Run 3x - incl long run. Fit it in around the stupid travel. Umm...close. Ran after one swim, ran long on Saturday. Bailed on the tempo for a reason I can't remember. The long run on a treadmill...I consider myself the ultimate winner for surviving.
Swim 3x - this might be tough. I made 3 swims, but one was only 1k and it was just so that I could move after the long run. But it counts.
I'm not even dumb enough to think I'll get on a bike this week...I'm giving that one up for now. I won....no bike.
Keep talking. Accept the issues, reach out for the support. Move forward. Working on it. Progressing. Feeling ok, but still shaky. Spoke to him last night on the phone, possibly progress.

This week:
Survive the travel for work
Swim 2x (T, R)
Run (T, W, R?)
DON'T BREAK ANYTHING SKIING
Keep trying to repair the relationship
Enjoy the whole trip

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 2/23 [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL on the skiing. I avoided downhill skiing for a very long time because I didn't want to break anything. Then I broke bones in a bike crash and had sfx so finally I jsut went skiing :P

Nutrition goal for the week: another snack before a second workout if I have a second workout.

Quote Reply