Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women using the Adamo racing saddle. . .
Quote | Reply
Just put one on the bike and got fit on it. So far only ridden on the trainer, but first time on, I thought it was going be the BEST thing EVER. Anyway, soft tissue issues have been resolved with this saddle but so far I am having BAD bruising issues, which I knew to expect. However, I am not so bruised on my "sit" bones - it seems to be more like the bony areas of the inner leg? Less back toward the butt region, more on the part of the pelvis that is directly between the legs on either side of the "soft tissue" area. No chafing, just terribly tender and bruised.

Is this normal or am I positioned wrong on the saddle? I feel like this would be more dealable if it were more on the butt bones than where it is currently. So far done about 10 trainer rides of 30-60 minutes and the issue seems to be getting cumulatively worse.
Quote Reply
Re: Women using the Adamo racing saddle. . . [allegro17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold my Adamo because, for me, it was like sitting on a cinder block, but while I had it people suggested putting zip ties around the rails to pull the saddle in a little tighter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took me a while to get used to it. I'd say give it a bit more time. Riding the trainer may exacerbate it too since on the trainer you are usually locked down and not up and down like you are on the road.

Or, your set up could be off.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had soreness in the same area with that saddle.

After many rides, I retired it to the garage.

I hope the Adamo works out better for you than it did for me.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had some tenderness/redness in the same area. No bruising. But this only happens when I am on the trainer. Every winter is comes back for the first 5-7 rides, then goes away and I don't notice it again until next winter.

That being said, every person is different. So it might go away for you, it might not. Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about this yesterday. I think you may be sitting too far back. I also had to raise the saddle height when I switched to it.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Women using the Adamo racing saddle. . . [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm, good thoughts. I was also thinking I might be too far back on the seat, but I rode for an hour yesterday and found that I may have actually been trying to sit too far forward on it. . .? I think I was trying to position myself very far forward instead of letting my weight fall naturally where it wants to be. Well, anyway, it did feel better yesterday. still tender at the end of the hour but not so bad, and still lots better that my old saddle - no numbness or soft tissue issues!! So I'll keep on it for a while and see how it goes. It still may need a bit of tweaking but maybe it is on the path to getting better :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just switched from my beloved Koobi to the Adamo to try it out. I've had ot move it around quite a bit to find the most comfortable position and after a few rides it's turned out to be a very good ride. Had some sore spots at the beginning but I'm glad I didn't give up on it too soon. I think I still need to have a little more downward tilt in front so that will be my next adjustment. It's much wider than my Koobi in front but also way more comfortable on long rides.

I also trie dit out on the trainer at first and decided that it was better on the road because you tend to shift around a little more when actually riding. I don't think the trainer is a good test for the saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the Adamo for 2 yrs now and love it. Yes, I did have bruising/soreness issues at first, but it definitely beats what I was going through before.

Something that helps is to purchase a "gel cover" for a normal bike saddle, cut off the tip and put it over the ISM saddle. It is a lot softer and will not hurt your 'tenders' as much; it will probably alleviate the bruising, but you will most likely be sore until the saddle is broken in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for a couple years now. I used to zip tie the front together at first but stopped doing that and haven't noticed a need for it anymore. I will get a little sore in the place you describe if I am riding hard for long periods of time. This is because I tend to scooch farther and farther forwards when I am hammering until I'm barely on the saddle at all. That leaves just the front of the prongs and all my weight on the area you describe. I just scooch back a bit and redistribute my weight to my sit bones to remedy the situation.

So that may suggest you haven't found your happy place on the saddle yet. Coincidentally, I pulled out my road bike today for an easy spin with the hubbie and thought I might die on the old Terry Cutback that I rode FOREVER. just what you get used do I suppose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issues with the Adamo road saddle. I bought the road saddle because I was told that it has more padding/gel than the race version. I felt so bruised that eventually I switched back to my Koobi tri saddle. Then I saw a thread about the Adamo typhoon saddle. I tried it and love it! Yes it looks like a chicked out version of the other adamo saddles. I don't care because it works and feels great even after 4 hour rides. I think I had issues with the road saddle because I was sitting too far back on the saddle. Also, I notice that this saddle is much more confortable when you are in your aeros and not so much when you sit up on the hoods. If you give up on the race saddle, sell it and try the typhoon saddle. It is a lot cheaper. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not had much luck with the Adamo race saddle either... similar problems to yours. I've tried SO MANY saddles and I'm really at a loss. Blackwell Flow - no. Terry Butterfly - no. Serfas TRI-W: no. Adamo Racing - obviously, no.

I hope you'll post back here once you find something that works.
Quote Reply
Re: Women using the Adamo racing saddle. . . [jkhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just thought I'd give an update as to how my time with the Adamo racing saddle is going, since this seems to be kind of a hot topic. Actually, it's gotten quite a bit better since January when I first put it on the bike. I think I probably still need to tweak it just a bit, but, even as it is now, I was able to go out for 3 hours on Sunday, riding aero for most of the ride with relatively little pain! For me, that is HUGE. So I am feeling pretty happy with the set-up right now. I was having MAJOR soft tissue issues previous to this. I tried it out on this past ride with no body glide or anything, just to really see what the chafing/soreness issues would be, and surprisingly, fared pretty well. It seems like the hot spots for the saddle are more inner-thigh related, mostly around where the seam from the padding on the bike shorts is. But even this was not too bad - way way better than what I was dealing with before and probably nothing a little body glide cant solve. I may decide to try the zip-tie trick to see if I can alleviate that at some point in the future, but will ride it a bit longer as is before I do.
I'd say this is definitely worth a try for anyone having soft tissue probs. bear in mind, it did take me about 3 months to get to the point where it started feeling good, so it may take some time, but totally worth it to stick it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it's working out. I put the racing saddle on my track bike on Thursday afternoon and then rode Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the track and I was oh, so happy to get that on there and the stock saddle that came with the bike off.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear things are working out for you. We also have the Adamo Typhoon which is much softer than the Adamo Road or Adamo Racing. We find many women like the Typhoon model. Once you get the seats dialed in, they really are comfortable. We have been working with a bike fitter on a video for install instructions. Look for it on our site by the end of the week. Please let me know if you need any additional info. Hope to see you at the races. Would love for you to introduce yourself. Our next stop will be New Orleans 70.3.

Dave Bunce
dave@ismseat.com
512-968-1888
http://www.ismseat.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is your are too far back on the saddle. You should be far foward, esp when aero. The trainer will make it worse. Try getting outside and sitting as far forward as you can when peddaling. It took me 4-5 rides of discomfort and now I love it. Comforatable for 100+ mile rides

Quote Reply
Re: Women using the Adamo racing saddle. . . [idropoboys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Adamo Race and LOVE it. It does take a bit of getting used to so don't give up too soon girls :-)
Quote Reply