Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Workout bikinis?? What is the best?
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone! I am going away for spring break and want to do lots of swimming, but hate wearing those hideous one-pc bathing suits outside - its fine for masters swims, or early mornings at the pool, but other than that - ugh!

Anyways, I am looking for a bikini that I can train in... what do people wear - any favorites? Recommended websites to order from? I live in Canada!

Thanks girls!

Angela
Quote Reply
Re: Workout bikinis?? What is the best? [Angela K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have workout bikinis from both Speedo and TYR that I like.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out De Soto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Splish has lots of cute bikinis. You can even make custom ones if you want.

http://www.splish.com/store/women_bikini.php
Quote Reply
Re: Workout bikinis?? What is the best? [njtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this tread is worthless without any pictures!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the SPlish suites. Athleta.com also has some cute ones. They aren't tri bikinis, but I do all my outdoor swims in them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out swimoutlet.com They have some super deals on suits. I have a lot of the club swim bikinis for ocean swimming. They have some splish 2 pieces, speedo cute bikinis and nike pretty skimpy ones. Not sure about shipping to canada, but it's a flat rate everywhere in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Workout bikinis?? What is the best? [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that site - I will definitely check out the club swim line, they looked nice. Its hard to tell from a website if they are good quality, supportive etc! I had a baby 18 months ago, and the boobs just aren't what they used to be ;-)

Are the swim club ones true to size? Our sizes are different in Canada too, just to make it more complicated. I am a 4 here, which I think is a 6 or 8 in the US....

Anyways, the recommendations are great!

Thanks everyone!! Keep em coming!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Splish has lots of cute bikinis. You can even make custom ones if you want.

http://www.splish.com/store/women_bikini.php

+1 I have one completed custom and a couple in the works... dangerous but fun.

Swimoutlet.com is good too.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think U.S. up-sizes everything -- our "vanity sizing epidemic" -- so a 4 might be more like a 0 in US sizes. Def check into that more. Hopefully you can find a size chart that uses body measurements.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Splish is awesome! I'm also really fond of the Fabiola Molina suits.
http://fabswimwear.com/two_piece_sunkini
Quote Reply
Re: Workout bikinis?? What is the best? [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Though the competitive swimwear sizing (26-38) hasn't really changed over the years.

One thing to remember when going from a one piece to a two piece is that if you've got a shorter or longer torso than average, you don't have to adjust for that with a two piece like you do with a one piece. (ex. For a two piece, I buy 'right size' but in a one piece I have to go down a size from what's right in theory because I have a very short torso)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Desoto ones a lot. They are cute and stay put which is important.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My most durable, yet good looking, workout bikinis are from EQ Swimwear.

Here's one of them:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The club swim ones aren't the highest quality but, at $20 each you can get a few.

As for sizing. I wear an 8 in club swim. I would wear a 6, but the tops are way too small for me. In Splish 2 pieces I wear a Large because of the chest. The bottoms of the spish are super tight too. I wear the polyester Splish suits which are tighter than the other (I can't remember the fabric it is). They say to order up in sizing if you are getting a polyester suit.

I'm a 4-6 in regular clothes and a 32 in one piece swim suits.
Quote Reply
Re: Workout bikinis?? What is the best? [fefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice abs! What do you do to get them?

I have recently been told by a guy who runs and does karate that he stopped doing crunches, etc. in favor of pilates/yoga-type planking exercises.

Pat
Quote Reply
Re: Workout bikinis?? What is the best? [golum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, clearly I have to get out the credit card and do some serious online shopping! ;-)

Thanks for the pic - I agree, great abs, girl! The suit is exactly what I am looking for - something where I can catch some rays, keep the 'girls' in place, play around with my little one, and get in a good swim workout all in the same suit (well, several versions of the same suit!)

AK
Quote Reply