Login required to post replies

Nike ad campaign...
Quote | Reply
Are these in the US magazines?????

Last edited by: swimfan®: Jan 23, 09 16:29
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ad campaign... [swimfan®] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah like four years ago, when I was in high school, I remember those.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ad campaign... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure? These supposed to be after the Dove campaign. They have been critisized copying from Dove. I have NEVER seen them around thought they might be for women magazines only and/or not for the US market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I definitely remember seeing them in the gym a really long time ago - someone had posted them in our women's locker room.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I remember seeing Nike ads to this effect years ago - don't remember how long ago or if it was this exact copy/photos but I do recall this concept. I don't see these as being like Dove ads. They really aren't referring to thunder thighs as that of an overweight women or "typcial woman" but rather of a strong muscular athletic woman ... same with the butt and shoulders. The Dove ads are more it's okay if your body isn't perfect or your overweight and to accept yourself as you are. I feel the Nike ads are geared more to someone like myself - I have tons of scars from crashes in cycling races, surgeries, and growing up tomboy; I usually wear a size 0 petite but often have to buy jeans a size larger to fit my thighs from all the cycling and weight training and have the waist taken in; and I have broader shoulders for my size because of all the swimming. I think Nike is targeting a completely different type of physique from what the Dove ads are promoting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old. My sister had stolen some from her school or gym or something- probably 5 years ago and had them in her room.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ad campaign... [brikins13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never seen them. Very cool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply