Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [trigirl19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
will tell you that breast implants do NOT last forever. At some point down the road (average was 7-10 years), they will require some maintenance and a second surgery.........looks like 2 half grape fruits pinned onto them - it is a dead give away that they have implants[/quote]

You can buy the extended warranty with them, I kid you not.

If they look like grapefruits pinned into them, it's a pretty bad boob job.

Eric, the scar under the boobs is very hard to see and ever harder to feel.

As for someone getting a slightly bigger size, the surgeon makes that call on the table. Most often complaint about the fake ones "I should have gone bigger". Fwiw, I've know at least 15 women with fake ones, a few have done them over to make them bigger. No one has complained about them being too big. All seem to be very happy with them.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [triforcookies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have fake boobs. I got them a week after my first Ironman (AZ 06). I got silicone, in FRONT of the muscle. More natural feeling and looking. If you get implants in front of the muscle, when you lie down your boobs will hang to the sides like real boobs and not remain totally perky like fake boobs can if they are behind the muscle. A lot of the placement depends on how much fatty tissue you have in your breast. If you are a natural A with little fatty tissue, you will be better off behind the muscle since your fat won't hide the implant sufficiently. I had enough fat in my boobs to cover up the implant, so for me in front of the muscle was a more natural-looking choice.
I nursed 4 children. I tell people that I had the bags but not the stuff that came in them anymore, so I got new stuff. :)
I do not need any more support from a sports bra than I needed before (I went from an A to a full C). I just wear regular Nike sports bras, or DeSoto or whatever. No need for doubling up and anything. Fake boobs don't bounce around as much! And since the day I got my surgery, I have not worn a bra at all unless I am exercising. I do not own any regular bras. I LOVE that part. Every day I wear a thin tank top I buy in the junior's dept. at Nordtroms as an "undershirt" but no bras.
I originally thought I wanted a B cup, but the doctor I went to had a different way of approaching things. He has 20+ years of experience with this, so what he does is decide what will look right for your body type. He asks you this: "if you are on the table and I have a choice between two sizes, should I go with the smaller one or the bigger one?". I said smaller and I got a full C, which I think looks good on my body. I do not regret the size at ALL.
Jessica

Jessica
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [Jessica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jessica:

Was this picture from your blog taken before or after the surgery?

Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [Large] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL...um, after. That was taken at IMAZ in April. :)

Jessica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's after? Should have gone bigger, especially since you call yourself an attention whore.
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"New posters are always welcome. I think these threads suck the guys in and they never really leave. They find out they like it over here afterall. "

Thank you Jen for making me feel welcome. I must say the womens isn't that bad, I kind of like it over here ;)

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... the air force has cosmetic surgeons who need to stay current on these things. $800 later, they were done.

Off topic. But Why?
For post AF employment options? Or are the proceedures otherwise useful?

$800 or $400/ea.pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had mine done a few years ago. I had lost a lot of weight after gaining a ton with my pregnancy. After a few years of tris I lost even more, and my former D's were then saggy and small. (Can you say bait and switch?)

My surgeon put my implants OVER the pec muscles to avoid issues with respect to swimming. The down side is they may bounce around more, but I have had NO scar tissue form. And after several years, the scarring is so faint it is almost invisible.

Sure smaller boobs were easier to run with, but I missed my D-cups that I had "grown up" with. I always preferred the Playboy look compared to the ripped, athletic look for myself. Then again, I'm nowhere near being a pro athlete! And there are skinny athletes with large natural breasts - I was one for many years!

I had a great experience, and no issues with respect to healing or training & racing. But if you're not 100% what is the harm in waiting?

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." -- Mike Ditka
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [SLC_vt98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But why not? Read my first post and it explains why.

The procedures are about as useful as braces on 99% of the population. It's for looks alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get implants in front of the muscle, when you lie down your boobs will hang to the sides like real boobs and not remain totally perky like fake boobs can if they are behind the muscle

I think this really depends on how 'full' the implant is, because mine do that too....and i know someone who got them super full, in front of the muscle and they don't move...ever. She loves how fake they look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine are big and over the muscle and they look & "act" real in every way. They feel real, too, although I've heard silicone feels even more real.

There is such a variety in the quality/experience of surgeons. I think that has a lot to do with getting what you want. Some women DO want the fake looking stripper boobs. I took my doc a pic of me before having a kid and just had him put me back to where I was, which was pretty big (for my size) to begin with.

No doubt there are tons of horror stories. And I was one of those women who used to think it was ridiculous, until my once beautiful breasts looked ugly. Yes, its natural after childbirth, blah, blah. But my sex life was good again after I felt good about myself, just like people with crooked teeth smile a lot more after getting braces.

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." -- Mike Ditka
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But why not? Read my first post and it explains why.

The procedures are about as useful as braces on 99% of the population. It's for looks alone.
You missinterpreted my "why"
I was asking why AF octors need to stay current on plastiboobs.
I can't really comment on your need w/o pics to back it up now can I? ;)

Run like you stole something
Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [SLC_vt98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess they just need to stay current on surgeries in case they have to do them... Reconstructive for a mastectomy or something. They did other surgeries too, lipo, whatever, the probably isn't a lot of actuall NEED for plastic surgery, but there are a few bases who have them on staff in case they are needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you get implants in front of the muscle, when you lie down your boobs will hang to the sides like real boobs and not remain totally perky like fake boobs can if they are behind the muscle

I think this really depends on how 'full' the implant is, because mine do that too....and i know someone who got them super full, in front of the muscle and they don't move...ever. She loves how fake they look.
Yup, totally agree. If you have get big implants and your skin has to stretch tight over them, your boobs will not act or look natural. If you get a moderate implant then you will have a more natural look and feel. I had so much extra skin that I was able to go up to a full C and not have that tight, stretched, fake boob look.
It's funny how some women prefer to have fake-looking boobs. I guess the "fake" look has become more desirable than the real thing. Sad, isn't it?

Jessica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Triforcookies, What did you decide on doing? How was the recovery if you did go for it? Thinking about implants myself and was curious what you ended up doing.

http://www.ironmom141.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [Ironmom141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I decided to wait another year on the surgery. I realized that even a one percent chance the surgery would slow me down was not worth it at this point in my triathlon career. I can always get the boobs but I won't always be fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're weighing the options on chance of success, factor in sponsorship earnings. Which are whatreally make being a pro viable. Maybe the Dr will give you a sponsorship discount. Several women say implants were the best investment they ever made. I remember holly mcpeak getting them right before the olympics(beach vball).
Last edited by: runxner: Dec 2, 08 22:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here I sit Broken Hearted
Hoping for pics but only........eh nope that won't work.

You get my point though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have fake boobs. I got them a week after my first Ironman (AZ 06). I got silicone, in FRONT of the muscle. More natural feeling and looking. If you get implants in front of the muscle, when you lie down your boobs will hang to the sides like real boobs and not remain totally perky like fake boobs can if they are behind the muscle. A lot of the placement depends on how much fatty tissue you have in your breast. If you are a natural A with little fatty tissue, you will be better off behind the muscle since your fat won't hide the implant sufficiently. I had enough fat in my boobs to cover up the implant, so for me in front of the muscle was a more natural-looking choice.
I nursed 4 children. I tell people that I had the bags but not the stuff that came in them anymore, so I got new stuff. :)
I do not need any more support from a sports bra than I needed before (I went from an A to a full C). I just wear regular Nike sports bras, or DeSoto or whatever. No need for doubling up and anything. Fake boobs don't bounce around as much! And since the day I got my surgery, I have not worn a bra at all unless I am exercising. I do not own any regular bras. I LOVE that part. Every day I wear a thin tank top I buy in the junior's dept. at Nordtroms as an "undershirt" but no bras.
I originally thought I wanted a B cup, but the doctor I went to had a different way of approaching things. He has 20+ years of experience with this, so what he does is decide what will look right for your body type. He asks you this: "if you are on the table and I have a choice between two sizes, should I go with the smaller one or the bigger one?". I said smaller and I got a full C, which I think looks good on my body. I do not regret the size at ALL.
Jessica
I LOVE THIS FORUM :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [CindyJo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw this online and thought of this thread:

http://www.girlzlyfe.com/catalog.php?item=125

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Implants and Triathlon [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We should have a poll about this!
Quote Reply

Prev Next