Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compression Recovery Tights-What's your routine?
Quote | Reply
Im giving compression recovery tights a go......I would like to know how specifically you'all use them that seems to make a difference in your recovery...i.e.

1. After what workouts do you use them...all or just hard/long?
2. How long do you wear them....hrs?
3. Do you sleep in them?
4. Use them on rest days (swimming only or off days)?
5. Anything Im missing that would help?

Thanks

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Last edited by: jayhawk.: Jan 4, 09 12:21
Quote Reply
Re: Compression Recovery Tights-What's your routine? [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just use socks. The best for my calf recovery is if I take cold shower with them still on after a run. This way I use the benefit of cold water and compression. Never tried tights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
To be honest, I wear my compression tights (Skins) whenever I can.
I wear them after long runs/rides, tempos, TTs, track workouts.
I wear them to bed if my workout was late at night or I have a race in the morning.
I wear them to work (I'm a nurse and am on my feet for 12 hour shifts).
And, in a couple of weeks I will be wearing them during the Phoenix Rock n' Roll half. I have previously just worn the socks
to race in but it will be cold enough for me to get away with the full tights.
-- the Skins motto is "Break records legally". I'm in the mood for a PB and am gonna' give it a go.

If I put them on right after a tough workout, I notice a huge difference in my recovery....

http://www.fechrissy.blogspot.com
Trisports.com CPARK - S for 10% off
nuun
Splish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As much as is socially acceptable...ie, a lot in my house, sleep in them frequently, socks under long pants when I work, and socks on most my long runs (this might not be socially acceptable...yet)

I just finished a 3+ hour ride and put them on for a nap I'm about to take.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since getting a blood clot in my left calf post-op from having a bone tumor removed from my femur six years ago I have been wearing compression knee socks daily - 8-12 hours a day. Paula Radcliffe got the idea from me :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wearing them now as I type on the computer. After workouts and frequently just around the house as well as to work some days but this is as much for warmth on cold winter days as it is about recovery. Also wear them pre-race mornings.
Quote Reply
Re: Compression Recovery Tights-What's your routine? [forzagto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two pairs on compression socks and wear them only after long runs of 14+. I only wear the tights in cold weather when working out but not afterwards for recovery. I do have varicose veins so would probably benefit from doing them more often.

Mark E. Goldstein, FACHE, FLEXR Sports sponsored, Brittons Tri Force Member, 7x Ironman finisher (10:37:12 PR exact time on 2x IMs), 20x Half Ironman finisher (4:43 PR), 11x Marathon finisher (2:57 PR)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have the 2XU tights...wear them after long runs(so most days) and at night to sleep in... The recovery is very noticeable

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have been using compression socks for about three months. I wear them all the time, particularly after long runs. I do sleep in them occasionally.

I just purchased a pair of compression tights (skins) and used them for a long run yesterday for the first time....my legs were very tired from a stupid long ride on Saturday (120 miles) and I figured it was a good time to see if they helped with reducing soreness.

I have to say I'm sold on them now. Despite what was, for me, a huge weekend of training, my legs feel really good today.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Compression Recovery Tights-What's your routine? [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So are you supposed to wear them just after runs? Is it advisable to wear them during runs?

Vineman 70.3 2009, Pumpkinman 2009, XTERRA Real
XTERRA Winter Championships, XTERRA King of the Hill
70.3 Miles of Pain-My Training Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No tights, just Zensah calf g uards (no feet parts), which I wear every night sleeping. If I've aggravated my calves a bit more than usual, then I will wear them under pants. Since beginning the sleep-in-'em routine, my calves have been very cooperative.

I haven't worn them on a run yet, largelu because I'm afraid of developing some sort of dependency. I'm not saying that there is anything that I've heard or read that suggests that might happen, but it is just an irrational fear that I'm going to respect and abide by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
after hard work outs, never to bed. wear them mostly when im on the computer
Quote Reply