Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pregnant?
Quote | Reply
OK ladies just wanting to see if anyone has experienced this before. The last week or so I've had some classic pregnancy signs. Started with sore breasts, this week slightly sore abdomen in the uterus area, then on Christmas eve the morning sickness (ok really afternoon sickness) began. I almost lost my breakfast over bacon wrapped green beans. I also have eaten really well as usual and done all my normal workouts, yet somehow gained four pounds this week. Now here's the background on me.

Four and half years ago I gave birth to a healthy set of twin boys (while on the pill I might add), then two years later I gave birth to another healthy baby boy (while on Nuva-Ring I'll add). After having three boys under the age of two my husband and I decided we had been blessed with three healthy children and that's all we needed, so during my C-section with number three I had my tubes tied. Dr. came back in six weeks and said good news the sample of tissue we sent to the lab did test as a tube and not a ligament so we did tie the tubes and not a ligament (that can happen?). Anyway we felt secure in this medical procedure seeing as nothing else had worked for us before.

It's only been two weeks, but I'm having all the classic signs I had when pregnant with my twins. I also knew within two weeks when I was pregnant with my third. So I say all this to ask could this be something else and has anyone ever experienced this and it not been a pregnancy? Also anyone who got pregnant after a tubal please chime in with your story.

One last thing I will also say. While my husband and I didn't want or plan to have anymore children we will be thrilled to add to our family. Thanks all.

------------------------------------------------------------
I have failed at many things, but never in my desire to try again.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant? [do140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to hear people chime in....in the meantime, go by a test (or call your doctor and get in)....and then let us know!!!

Best of luck!!

Quote | Reply
Can I ask how old you were when you decided to have your tubes tied? Never know if divorce or other leads a young woman to want to have more children later in life.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant? [leslieW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a test today, but have to wait 5 days before my missed period for it to be accurate, so that's still about 9 days away.

Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant? [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was 28 and I thought very long and hard about that decision. My husband and I discussed it at length for 9 months. In the end what we decided was that it was more likely if something happened to one of us or our marriage he would be more likely to marry someone who wanted her own children so I should get my tubes tied. There was no reason for him to endure that pain when I was going to have C-section anyway. Of course we both realized anything could happen, but I felt very strongly that I didn't want to have more children or be pregnant again. Again I stress if I am pregnant I will be very happy about, it just isn't how we would plan things. I don't want to come across as a jerk b/c I know there are so many women who want children and can't have them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cripes if you think you are preggs go to the doc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) yes, you could be suffering a false pregnancy. The body goes through all the motions hormonally without a zygote.
2) yes, it is possible to get pregnant if you've had a tubal, but usually if it happens its a tubal pregnancy and hence a BAD thing since you'd not do well with a baby growing in the fallopian tube, nor would the baby be likely to survive.
3) sounds like you're a fertile myrtle. Perhaps your husband should consider getting snipped to further reduce your odds of pregnancy!

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant? [Sabrekitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's interesting I've never heard of a false pregnancy. Any information on why that would happen?

I do know of a few people who've had tubals and still gotten pregnant. Yes the little bit I know about tubal pregnancies are very bad things.

My plan of action if I am is to get re-tied, get on some form of BC and my husband will get the snip.

Thanks for the response.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A quick search on false pregnancy indicates most doctors think it's caused by a strong desire to be pregnant. Doesn't sound like you. Then again, there's a strong link to hormone imbalances. Personally, I'm not sure which comes first. The condition is far more common in dogs than humans, but not unknown.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend that is pregnant right now after having her tubes tied. When she went back to her gynecologist and found out she was pregnant, the doctor cried because she felt so bad that her "work" had failed. But of course she is welcoming the baby and all is well. :)
Jessica

Jessica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding? Do the test!!!! How can you stand not doing it?? :-P If you are feeling symptoms you can get a test reading. 5 days before your period is likely about 10 DPO ..again totally readable on a home test. The tests can give false negatives but rarely false positives. First thing in the AM should be OK.

I have been pregnant 8x (only have 2 kids -- long story, had issues), I can attest I have taken many of the HPT's and am impatient, have tested early, I have never had a false positive or even a false negative. 10 dpo was always the exact same result that I would eventually get from the doctor.

oh oops, re-reading I see you are now only about 8 or 9 days before the expected period?? Can't see the date of the OP. what the heck, test anyway, I would!!!

Keep us posted. You may be having a surprising 09!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year I had a tubal ligation done where they insert titanium screws into the start of the tubes. Scar tissue grows around them and blocks the tubes. They then do an xray of the uterus after injecting dye into it to verify blockage. Haven't had any problems. It is more effective than the traditional method because the clips can move and come undone. I worked with a guy whose wife got pregnant-TWICE-after having her tubes tied!
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant? [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow that sounds intense, but if it works that the main thing. Well anyway I waited until 5 days from my period and the test was negative. I suspected it might be b/c my morning sickness had pretty much subsided. I took the second test a few days later and it was negative as well. I thought this period might be a bad one, but it was really normal. I guess I must have had some serious hormone fluctuations this month. I will definitely talk to my Dr. about it. Thanks to all who chimed in. Happy training.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your eggo is preggo, home skillet!

(sorry, couldn't resist, Juno joke. It's my favorite movie.)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny. I liked that movie too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also think That's really funny.I also liked that movie..
It’s an age old sign, and immediately alerts you when you have missed a period. However some women experience light bleeding at the onset of their menstrual cycle.
Sometimes menstrual occurs throughout their pregnancy period. This is a rare circumstance but not totally non-existent.

Quote Reply