Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

mens desoto shorts
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

So I was super excited to get a pair of desoto 400 mile bib shorts for xmas. However, i think i've got a bit of a sizing issue. They are MENS shorts and I ordered a M (I normally wear womens large). I am 5'8-9 and 150 lbs. That puts me right in the middle. I tried on the shorts and they fit around my leg, but the bibs are way too long. Should I try and sew the bibs so that they fit? or should I return and get a small???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lindsay
Quote Reply
Re: mens desoto shorts [lwalsh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know in terms of bike/tri shorts mostimportant thing is the placement of the pad. You might fit in mens or any other cross gender sizing but the pads would not be in the correct location.
Quote Reply
Re: mens desoto shorts [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, that's probably good advice, but lets say I want to keep the mens desoto 400 mile bib shorts anyways. What would you do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would get ready for nasty blisters and rash
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any women's have any advice???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send Emilio De Soto a PM, he hanges out on the boards. He might have some advice. His username is Emilio. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/....cgi?username=Emilio;

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: mens desoto shorts [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Sent him a PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you decide to keep them, I would go with shortening the bibs - assuming everything else fits and makes you (and your parts) happy. You might be able to pull out the top seam, pin and resew to fit you....

Remember, it's the way it feels to you that counts....if the shorts make the body happy - do whatever you can to make them fit, and order more!!!!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh this is GREAT to know, I was going to order a pair for myself as I love bib shorts... however as I am shorter than you, I will stick to sugoi bibshorts... too bad I love deSoto stuff... :-(

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I'm about your size and wear medium size men's. So you've probably got the size right. If they fit and you can modify them as described then why not keep them. But is exchanging them that much of a hassle?
Quote Reply
Re: mens desoto shorts [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exchanging them isn't a hassle at all, but I do want to try the shorts. I've never had a pair of bib shorts and I've heard really good things about the desoto ones. Emilio PM'd me back and said that shortening the bibs would work, so I'm going to give that a shot! Thanks all for your help.
Quote Reply