Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/22/08
Quote | Reply
Ok, I will kick it off...

last week was pretty good for me my goal were:
  • Nordic Ski twice...one ski over 2 hours...Got it done...skied 3 times for almost 4 hours total...also got long ski in of 2:24 on the weekend by skiing out our front door , across some lakes and up into the nordic ski trails...looks like we are off to a good snow season and this will help me prep for the ski marathons I have coming up...

• keep weight at 173.5 and try to get to 173....nope, I was a solid 174 all week...at least I am maintaining but I am 2lbs away from where I would prefer to be.

• get in 7.5 hours of training....got in 8:16...very good week....especially considering the weather....I went inside and did some intervals running at the Dome and also did some indoor inline skating to mix it up when the weather was many degrees below zero with blowing wind...its great to have so many options where we live...

This weeks goals:
  • Get in 7 hours of training which will have me meeting my big yearly goal of averaging 7 hours/week of training.
  • Get in 3 nordic ski workouts
  • Get in one interval workout in skiing and 1 long ski over 2:25

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/22/08 [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Long run on the trails-- Didn't make it to the trails due to below 0 temps with windchills around -25. I did get a long run in on the treadmill so that should count for something.
2) At least two strenght sessions -- FAIL!! I need to make time for this....
3) At least two stretching sessions -- Got it done.
4) Not to cry at my performance test with Robbie Ventura at Vision Quest -- I didn't cry and I didn't vomit which is a good thing. Well they would have like to see me vomit as it meant I was pushing as hard as I could go but that is just not my style. I got some good data from the session but am waiting for the final report to be able to make use of all of the data in my training. One thing I did learn and really need to start spending time on is strenghting my hip flexors. They are a mess.

Goals for this week:
1) Strong run at the HUFF 50K (Huntington Ultra Frigid Fifty)- running as a relay
2) Two strenght sessions
3) two stretching sessions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goals were 6-7 runs, 5x each bike and swim, and get through the physics exam. In regards to the last, grades should be posted today, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Runs were good but bike and swim, didn't get the frequency in. Is ok. I'm doing generally awful in terms of eating though and that is not okay. My weight's okay, my body fat's okay (if you give me the benefit of the doubt that skinfold calipers have a +5 or -5% error and go with the +5 one), it's the thoughts and symptoms... I am so f*cking tired of having an eating disorder...

s: 13,100 yds (4x)
b: 3 hrs (4x)
r: 51.3 mi (6x)
yoga: 1 hr (1x)

Goal for this week is merely to foam roll every day... maybe I'll add more goals later. I'm tired, can't think right now.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 22, 08 9:42
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/22/08 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long run on the treadmill definitely counts for something! Good luck in the 50k relay.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals last week:
Run daily. Made it 5x. Ended up with a cold/cough so I missed one day and didn't get up early to run yesterday before flying down to LA for the day/evening.
Swim once (done).
Cyclocross race on Saturday. Bailed on the race as I was sick.

This week: Do something at least 6 of 7 days. Heading to Kansas tomorrow, so we'll have to play it by ear.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wowzers I'm a worthless human being. I failed all of my "goals" from last week. Didn't work out at all, went nuts due to a crammed schedule of work-related ridiculous-ness and am staring down the barrel of leaving for a week tomorrow morning.

Goals...psssht...I apparently laugh at goals.

This week - I'm going where it's warm. I'm taking my running shoes and at least a set of clothes to run in.

Get. Back. On. The. Friggin. Schedule. Pull. Head. Outta. Ass.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay week, not stellar, not awful... Caught ANOTHER cold which started Wednesday of last week AAAAAAH... At least it seems to be almost gone. I think I even know exactly WHO I caught it from but it's not even someone I know well, only worked with once, so can't even complain to person! :-( Oh well. Did a little less than planned.

Swam three times
Biked twice
Ran three times including a 1 1/2 hr run in 23 degree weather -- ummm -- probably not best idea with cold...
Strength once

Decent week, working-out wise.

THE BAD thing is I seem to have gained back ALL the weight (6-8 pounds) I lost earlier this autumn. DARN. Guess I have to admit that as I get older I have to be much more careful, no matter how much I train!! I haven't been paying too much attention as I've been training more...

This week, hopefully:
swim four times
bike twice
run four times
strength once
lose one or two pounds

HAPPY EVERYTHING TO ALL
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/22/08 [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
you got that right. The older you get the less you get to eat and the more training you get to do just to maintain your weight...and sometimes that doesnt work.....I have to stay on it every day...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAMN! :-) So we may be wiser but worse re weight? And could this actually happen within a couple of years? Just this year and half of last is when this started happening... :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a-okay -- not too different from any other week of late. But let me add this... I am in FL on va-ca now. It is 81-degrees and I enjoyed a LONG bike ride today. :) So this week will be sweet! Swim, bike, run ... yeah! I live in Pittsburgh so this a great break from freezing weather.

Oh, seriously major accomplishment = 14 hour car ride with NO junk food. :)
Quote Reply