That bottle is crazy.....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [gregclimbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

In Reply To
Not nearly as nice as just about everybike on here and it's been collecting dust while the roadie has been in comission over winter.
But I am proud to say that including the wheels this bike was built for about $900 Aus thats about $500 US at the moment so it's a bit of a bargain, and it's been faultless so far including my first IM. I think the fact that it fits me perfectly is the best this about it.

Nishiki Beta? Used to have one with 650s for crit racing... fun little bike.

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com[/quote] I remember Gerard posting a question to ST asking for our impression of this as a possible cage location for the at that time soon to be released P2C. I remember responding that it was good brainstorming, but wouldn't be good in practicality. Imagine me telling Gerard that... I feel even dumber now as this looks pretty awesome and aerodynamic. I believe I saw this frame from a discount online shop recently for $279 if memory serves.

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Last edited by: nujeff: Dec 10, 08 21:21
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my ride.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This pic is about 2 years old , I have since made some changes.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [neil_laing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My toys are here:
Track bike
Track bike 2
Road bike
TT bike
Training bike

Apologies for the bad focusing on the training bike.
I thought you rode the funny gold cranks! Did you take them off your bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tessitori] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do have Powercranks, but those photos, with the exception of track bike 2, were taken prior to receiving them.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have not been able to post pics but lets see if this works from my profile.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...gi?username=bmanners

Not as nice as a lot of bikes out there but the parts are all top of the line. Still have to add A K force carbon stem and Profile carbon wing and aero bars. Wheels are FP60's with decals taken off. Paint on wall is the result of having a recyleable can lid an spacle bucket lid laying around and nothing to do at 12 A.M.

Re: Let's see your ride! [stitchboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you would get rid of the yellow, that would be the ultimate "soul stealer" bike!

Quote | Reply

Race Bike 1 : Felt B2Pro equiped with Sonic Wheels '08

Race Bike 2 : Basso Konos Team Jartazi Mitsubishi '08

Training Bike : Ridley '04

For X'Terra and training : Cannondale F4 '08

Disclaimer : work in bike/triathlon industry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bad....ass...... did you design the decals?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's nice that you won't let clashing color combinations get in the way of bad taste.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
bad....ass...... did you design the decals? ---- Basso did it on special order for the Team Basso Jartazi Mitsubishi (based in Belgium). The bike you see, that I bought, was used by Rob Woestenborghs, duathlon world champion 08. I really recommend this paint scheme ...color is white pearl ... looks really impressive. I have another to sell, size M (55,5 cm, complete with microtech aerobars, Sram Force Carbon w/o wheels) I like the Basso equal to my Felt. It's more simple, extremely reliable and robust. I'm a bit disappointed with the Felt tough. The bayonet system is scraching the side of the frame. It's a defect but for that range of price, shouldn't be !

Disclaimer : work in bike/triathlon industry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here she is for the winter with a Bontrager select rear training wheel. I'll be on the market come February for a used Powertap wired wheel.

And yes, I live in a dorm room, have not yet cut my steerer tube, and my seat (while not too high) is probably pretty well worn and on its last legs.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do I have to do, when I wake up tomorrow, to become excellent. Do that, and then do it again the next day, and the next, etc. One day you'll wake up and the time and the fitness will have taken care of themselves."
Last edited by: Nailey13: Dec 12, 08 13:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's something a little different....

It started life as a green LeMond Reynolds 853 bike with all black components. Hated seeing the name LeMond 11 places on my bike everytime I went for a ride, so I stripped it down and painted it in my workshop. Then decided to switch everything over to silver, which was a lot of fun, and now it kind of reminds me of my old Bridgestone RB-1 (dead-on geometry). Fast, but with a little sense of style. Sorry about the quality (or lack thereof) of the picture - there's 10" of snow on the ground, and I decided just to snap a few before a spin session.

Quote | Reply

Not a big fan of the flames but i got a pretty good deal on it... Pedals and seat are from my mtb not completely done with the build yet :)

Heres a before pic so you can see the facelift....

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lobos8403] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine; race ready for Ultraman World's. Wheel decals by Tai, Bike decals done locally.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Theory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Theory - I knew I recognized that bike. It was posted on Feb 03, 2008, on this thread. You've added more flowers since then. Maybe someday I'll post my black Softride with Hibiscus flowers. They could be brothers from a different mother.

-----

Blazeman Warrior - so others may live
Live more than your neighbors.... Bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are.... And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

RyanGiuliano / http://www.ryangiuliano.com / 2018 IM TX, IM WI, IM Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Rokko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're absolutely correct. I actually re-did the flowers (I tried for a pattern look similar to a hawaiian shirt). (Thanks for noticing)

You have to post your bike! I'd love to see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Old school carbon fiber. Some guy named Scott rode this bike to 2nd place in the 1994 Ironman. I wanted a 650 carbon bike with dual bottle bosses, a 50cm TT and a 13.5 HT and could not find anything in the market that fit the bill. Yeah its not aero, but it fits perfectly, is pretty light (17 lbs), climbs like a dream and is super comfy - even more so than my steel Serotta CXII which i found surprising. I know 650s are out of favor but I think they still have a place on smaller frames like this one. Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Rokko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very Nice! You've done a great job keeping everything stealth, but not too stealth. Is that an Ironman sticker on the beam? : )
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lotremba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Old school carbon fiber. Some guy named Scott rode this bike to 2nd place in the 1994 Ironman. I wanted a 650 carbon bike with dual bottle bosses, a 50cm TT and a 13.5 HT and could not find anything in the market that fit the bill. Yeah its not aero, but it fits perfectly, is pretty light (17 lbs), climbs like a dream and is super comfy - even more so than my steel Serotta CXII which i found surprising. I know 650s are out of favor but I think they still have a place on smaller frames like this one. Enjoy.

The only issue I have with these bikes is it kills the lust to buy another, there's just no need. Very nice ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lotremba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Did "Scott" ride that actual bike? THAT'S AWESOME!!!!

If somebody named Jacky had driven an old car to second place at the 24 hours of le mans that would be a priceless collectable.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [pito00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No this is not Dave Scott's '94 and '96 Ironman bike. I just had this bike built by Craig Calfee's company Calfee Design. Craig built Dave's '94 bike under his old label "Carbonframes". I actually had a Carbonframes Tetra Tri bike back in 1995 after watching Dave's '94 performance but got hit by a car on it which broke it in half. Ive had many bikes since then but always remembered my old Carbonframes as a great machine which is why my brother and I each decided to get another bike built by Craig. Sorry to disappoint.
Quote Reply

Prev Next