Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08
Quote | Reply
I never got back to actually making goals last week... whoops. I had a good week for training and a rough week with everything else. Good stuff first:

s: 18,600 yds (5x) and no shoulder pain!
b: 5 hrs (5x)
r: 61.6 mi (6x)

Rotten week for eating and stuff because I was all stressed with finals week, which meant mini-meltdowns over just about everything. I don't even want to get into it. I'd love some hugs to get through the next couple days because I am working today and tomorrow, and have my physics final Tuesday night (the last one). Very much looking forward to our running club Xmas party on Wed. night and then staying at my best friend's house for a few days after that.

Oh, my other good thing, committee meeting went well for my thesis and I've picked a defense date!

Goals for this week: study today and tonight for my physics final. Ride and swim 5x, run 6-7x, and yoga 1x.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 15, 08 4:30
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hugs! Good luck on the Physics final! Great training last week! Don't be afraid to cut yourself some slack on the training during finals--they can be as exhausting as an endurance workout sometimes.

Some of my goals for this week:
Strength training 2 days
bike 3x
run 3x
swim 4x
Start my Christmas shopping!!!! It's almost here!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC - just take things one day at a time. It's easy to get overwhelmed when you have so much on the go. You'll do just fine and then you can relax over the holidays.

Last week for me was a blur. I think I did 2 workouts, but I honestly can't remember. Too much going on right now. I'm going to join the 100/100 challenge. Going for 70 runs (bronze level). I suck at challenges, but it might help me get out the door a few extra times. I really need to start running again, that's for sure.

Next week:
- 5 runs
- 2 P90X workouts
- down 1 lb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just survived finals week (I am a college teacher, so I get the nightmare on the other end -- writing my tests, scheduling make up tests, calculating final grades, arguing with students about why I won't round an 85% to a 90%, etc.). If it makes you feel any better, this is a rough time for your instructors, too. Good luck. Soon you will get a much-deserved break.

My week was a-okay. Enjoying the off-season, so my goal is to do something (about an hour of exercise) almost every day. And last week I did something every day. Spinning on the trainer, swimming, running, pilates, weight lifting -- all sorts of fun stuff.

The best thing for me as of late is getting all artificial sweeteners and crappy ingredients out of my diet. Still going strong. Eating tons of fresh fruits and veggies (I always ate plenty of f & v's but I am doing even better and with more variety). I feel great. Not sure if it is a placebo effect or it really has made a big difference, but I'll take it either way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hugs! And good luck on your exams.

Goals for last week:
1) At least two sessions stretching-- I did 1.
2) At least two sessions strenght -- None. Had a terrible week at work with 2 days working late plus a couple of parties that limited my training time.
3) Have a fun and clock good times at my intrasquad masters meet-- Had a great time but was reminded why I do long course events - sprinting sucks. I also learned that if you do 7 events, you will get tired. I managed to win the 50 breast and 200 free. My 200 Medley also won.

Goals for this week:
1) Long run on the trails
2) At least two strenght sessions
3) At least two stretching sessions
4) Not to cry at my performance test with Robbie Ventura at Vision Quest.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dawn--I'm back to running too. We can do it.

Last week: Train every day. Track clinic on Saturday. Cyclocross race on Sunday.

Hit every day but one when I had nearly 12 hours of work. Track clinic was postponed due to weather, so I did a 6 mile trek, 3 miles of walk/jog and then 3 miles walk. Sunday's race was GREAT! I had a big breakthough and am very happy with my race.

Goals this week: Run daily. Swim once (done). Cyclocross race on Saturday.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've not made or kept any goals since Silverman. My goal for next week: Get back on the freakin' horse. Swim 2x, Run 3x, Strength 2x. I'd like to get a pilates session in there, but that might get swapped with a strength. I take off for some Christmas vaca next week, so hopefully a bit of warmer weather will get my butt out and running a bit.

My other goal for next week: finish the eval of this past season/summer and get the goals/mindset a bit more in focus for next year.

I keep saying I "want" to go run and go workout, but not doing it. My jeans and my scale say it's time to stop wanting and time to start doing. Good luck surviving the rest of your finals..hang in there!

Squesen - good job on getting your hard work done as well, I'm out of college a few years, but I never thought about it being rough on them before and after....thank you.

AW

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08 [njtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Don't be afraid to cut yourself some slack on the training during finals--they can be as exhausting as an endurance workout sometimes.

I feel less guilty about only getting in 1 workout today...

naptime methinks.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
TC - just take things one day at a time. It's easy to get overwhelmed when you have so much on the go. You'll do just fine and then you can relax over the holidays.

One day? One hour... LOL.

One goal down for the week, I studied tonight. I get so anxious over exams that I pick up things to study and can't focus. (pink)that makes a lot of sense doesn't it (pink off). But I went over all my old tests. Then I got clothes out for tomorrow, packed the stuff I'm taking back to school and with me to my friend's house, bike is already in the car (Sorry Chatter you're spending the night in there) packed breakfast lunch and snacks for tomorrow (I'll get up, train, go to work, drive to school, take test, and finally be DONE... does not help that this is an evening exam so I can stress over it all day tomorrow).

repeat to self over and over: COPE.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I mention how much fun the race yesterday was???? I totally dig cyclocross.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decent week....last weeks goals and how I did:
  • Get in 7 hours of training...Came up short. a combination of spending time getting settled after our move, the weather, and putting on an event conspired to keep me at 4:22...very short...
  • Nordic ski twice with one ski over 2:15...only skied once and it was for 1:17
  • get weight to 173 or at least dont gain....was at 173.5 so I lost a half lb...happy with that at the moment...
  • Put on a great Urban Adventure Run on campus with over 15 participants...Had a fantastic event with 20 people and many thank you's from participants raving about the course and format...we also went bowling afterwards and I came up with a scoring system to come up with a "tongue in cheek" Adventure Run/Bowling Duathlon that provided a great way to socialize...the whole thing came off great....

Next week weeks goals:
  • Ski twice...one ski over 2 hours...
  • keep weight at 173.5 and try to get to 173....
  • get in 7.5 hours of training

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, only a date late-ish...

TC: HUGS even though you asked for them yesterday!

This past week was good, pretty much feeling much more comfortable with the "do things but not really really organized" kind of training. Also registered for my first tris for 2009!!! (I'm mostly not doing races that get filled quickly.) Haha so that means pretty soon I have to GET more organized.

What I did:
SWAM FOUR TIMES! yay
Biked four times, one was yesterday which I'm including in last week, outside in the freaky warm east coast 60 degree weather,
Ran only once on Sat. due to twisted ankle. it's better now! :-) but that's why I biked more
Strength 2 times yay
Weight stayed same

This week, swim four times, two masters two solo
Bike two times, one trainer one outside
Run three times
Strength two times
Keep weight same

Happy early everything everyone!!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08 [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Physics exam is OVER :D thank you all for the support. Now I must recuperate from all the stress, LOL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How'd it go? Feel good about it?

Quote | Reply
I hope it went well! Do something nice for yourself now!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 12/15/08 [D!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was easier than I expected and I think I did pretty well.

And I am sooooo glad it's over. VACATION!!!!!

Quote Reply