Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Need some womanly advice [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Firstly, I said I am *not* a Type A, so I think you were agreeing with me. :)

I understand what you're saying except that "Type A" has come to mean something more than the true definition as per psychiatrists. It has come to mean anyone who is obsessive/compulsive about their lives. I think many people who do triathlons, especially folks on ST, seem to take it very seriously and do everything they can to structure their lives to be successful in this sport. That, to me, is someone who shows Type A tendencies.

Ha! I actually AM Type A and OCD... Ahahahaha!

Sorry. Tiny little crazy person joke. :p

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Need some womanly advice [fatbastardtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some practical advice: If she was a teacher, there is no reason she can't subsititute a couple of days a week while she's looking for something in a different field. I am a teacher, got very frustrated in the classroom and now teach homebound students. Not a bad gig, good money, flex hours and one on one instruction which is what really makes me happy.

I have never known of a teacher who was fired though. If she was fired from a teaching job she must really be lackadaisacal! I've seen some pretty slack teachers out there.

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Re: Need some womanly advice [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is going to sound bitchy and extreme, but... you don't respect her and you probably aren't a good match. She is in a bad place in her life and needs to grow and it's likely that you will be unable to help her grow. If you don't believe in her now, it will only get worse and your resentment will grow. There is a difference between supporting someone you believe in and financially supporting someone who doesn't have their shit together. I know, I dated someone who struggled to find themselves but I believed in him, even at the lowest point. I always respected him and thought he was capable of great success. This wasn't the case with other men. Now we are married and things are working out great, we both have fulfilling lives and we feel fortunate.

Best wishes to you, and to her, this is not an easy situation to be in.
Please, what is with this whole "help me grow" b.s.? She's a 31 year old woman who is being financially supported, grow the hell up, that's 90% of the problem in the US, do it for me, I don't want to accept the responsibility of an adult. Poll 100 women and see how many wouldn't love to be a "kept" woman.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Please, what is with this whole "help me grow" b.s.? She's a 31 year old woman who is being financially supported, grow the hell up, that's 90% of the problem in the US, do it for me, I don't want to accept the responsibility of an adult. Poll 100 women and see how many wouldn't love to be a "kept" woman.
I would rather pull my eyes out with a spork than be a "kept woman."

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Need some womanly advice [thetodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poll 100 women and see how many wouldn't love to be a "kept" woman.

Pretty insulting and I'll just come back with how many men wouldn't love to not have to work and be supported by his wife?

For the record, I will always contribute to my household. Most of the time I've been the higher earner and right now we earn the same. We have both taken some time off between jobs but he has taken more time than I have. I've had several friends whose husbands quit their jobs and "discover" themselves. More than any of the women I know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Need some womanly advice [thetodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Poll 100 women and see how many wouldn't love to be a "kept" woman.
ha ha ha ha, you must be joking. Please take your sexist BS to the LR

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next