Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help a husband be helpful.
Quote | Reply
Ms. Tibbs and all her coolness is in the middle of a weight loss goal. She is eating great and working out more than she ever has. She has never worked out. She has a big goal so how can I help her and what do I need not to do to throw her off?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't bug her.

Seriously.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. Unless she asks for specific help, let her do her thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't sabotage her diet. Eat healthy when she is around. Don't drink alcohol when she is around.

I have the hardest time eating healthy when the BF always wants to go out to eat, eat non healthy food for meals, or have a beer/glass of wine.

Take evening walks with her after dinner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done and done. I will shut up unless she brings it up and even then I will restrain my yapper.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. And be sure you are listening when she talks and restrain the male habit of trying to solve what she is talking about unless she directly asks, "how do I xx?"

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it when hubby takes me sporty chick shopping. Cute running outfits, swim suits, and bike jerseys make me want to work out more. Shallow but effective!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lay on the couch and fart. Works every time.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slightly different question, but similar advice in this thread:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Also, tell her how beautiful she is every single day.
Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAasek8NR4

Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You guys don't really like hearing that, do you?

Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

You guys don't really like hearing that, do you?

If my husband told me that everyday, i would be CONVINCED he was being unfaithful. I used to think that being told I was beautiful everyday was something I wanted. But now...no....not so much. I would rather be told by his actions - go running with me, go cycling with me, take a walk with me, sit by me on the couch, have good conversation, give me the 'eye' when he's wanting some...that all says "You're beautiful"....besides, not trying to sound snotty, but inside I know I am. I don't need to be told on a daily basis by anyone, knowing it myself is all I really need. Honestly, would my husband be married to me if he didn't think I was beautiful? No...so he says it everyday by staying with me, working at our marriage, and loving me for me.

But that's just me. :)

Quote | Reply
When I was first married, I would have answered as Leslie did. However, my husband has a habit of telling me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am very often. Maybe not every day, but he tells me that several times a week. If I wear something new or something he hasn't seen in a while, he makes an effort to tell me how great I look. He also tells me by his actions, but hearing his words has helped me over the years to feel more confident in myself. Perhaps it sounds shallow, but it has really helped me. I thought I was confident before, but I was really just confident in my athletic and school abilities, not my body and my looks. Now I feel great about myself. Part of it is the things that I've accomplished in my life, but part of it also is the unwavering support from my husband.
Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dawn, I wasn't trying to suggest that that is a bad thing, on the contrary. I've notice that womens, and I suppose men too, differ on the extent they like or want to receive such expressions. Personally, I like expressing how I feel towards my gf in that manner. She could take it or leave it. Guess everyone's different. I just think it's nice to hear....and fun to say. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My husband and I say "I love you" every day, several times a day. When one of us goes to work, on the phone, spontaniously while sitting next to each other on the couch, etc. I have no doubt he loves me and hearing it often makes me feel good. Key is to say it and mean it. We do. It isn't an auto-response, it is genuine. We just started doing it when we got married and 12+ years later we still do it.

Telling me I'm beautiful all the time, however, would get on my nerves. Not sure why but I think after a while I wouldn't be convinced it is genuine. Might just be a comment on my own view of myself but it would get annoying.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Help a husband be helpful. [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Sounds like you guys have a good thing. I don't think you necessarily have to literally say these things all the time but I think it is important to somehow convey them.
Quote Reply