Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

christmas gifts
Quote | Reply
What was the most thoughtful gift you received for christmas? Triathlon related or not!
Quote Reply
Re: christmas gifts [EMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A homemade card (construction paper, crayons, AWFUL cutting skills and GLITTER) from my boyfriend in college. Neither of us had money but he managed to buy me a robe that I had mentioned about 6 months prior (from Victoria's Secret...the big, fluffly, cushy red one..he even remembered the red) and forgotten about and he made the card. I think the card must have taken a long time. I still have both and he's still one of my best friends.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I photo of my Dad and I from when I was 9. Digitally retouched and framed.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From my mom - the necklace my maternal grandmother (who had passed that year and who I was very close to) wore every single day. It's not flashy, it's not expensive, but it's a piece of her that I will pass on one day and explain how very special the original owner was.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
over the past 33 years I have 4...

5 years old: my first "big girl" long coat. It was plaid and had a fake fur hood. I felt so grown up.

10 years old: jean jacket that I had been pleading for for 6 months.

11 years old: record player WITH a tape deck!!!! I could be the best DJ ever. Taping my records into mix tapes! Again, that I had been pleading for for about 6 months.

(I was so surprised "Santa" actually remembered and granted my wish).

31 years old: my first official tri-bike frame, hed 3 rear wheel, and carbon aero bars. Ahhhh carbon. =) Never even asked or wanted a new frame, bars, or wheel. The most awesome carbon Christmas a gal could ever not ask for :)))))))))) Best husband ever.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two years ago a guy I was dating bought me a necklace from Tiffany's. It was silver and had a sun on it. He said it reminded him of me. That same year he gave me a really nice omelet pan because I mentioned I liked to make omelets and all of my pots and pans were stolen earlier in the year. Despite the 'rule' never to buy a significant other kitchen stuff (because it implies they will use it to cook food for you), it is the 2nd best Christmas gift ever.

Those are just about the only two gifts from an ex that I still have. I wear the necklace all the time and I make omelets a lot too.
Quote Reply
Re: christmas gifts [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG, I thought I was on the only one who got a frying pan from her BF on Christmas! While it wasn't the only thing he got me that year, it was the first thing I opened, and well, I couldn't be mad or disappointed because it demonstrated to me that he was actually ocassionally listening to me blabbering on (I had mentioned my lack of a big frying pan a few months earlier)

Jay has given me the best presents for birthdays. Two birthdays ago, he had a portrait painted of my dog, who I love more than anything in the world. Blew me away that he would think of that. This year, well, he bought me a P3C and took me sailing in the Caribbean for 9 days. Yeah. A P3. I HIGHLY recommend buying one of those for your woman :)

That said, we have agreed to keep things mellow for XMas this year (too much spending lately!). Of course, there is a local fund raiser that is auctioning off one of Jack Johnson's guitars... and I KNOW he wants to learn to play, and Jack is our favorite.
Quote Reply
Re: christmas gifts [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first, hot pink bike when I was a kid. That thing was so much fun to ride. I named it Ms. Rocker!
Quote Reply
Re: christmas gifts [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I photo of my Dad and I from when I was 9. Digitally retouched and framed.

I want to do something like this for my wife. Her dad died a few years ago. I'd like to ask her mom for a pic of my wife & her dad from the good ol' days and give it to her for xmas. Do you think the mom would be offended that I only ask for a pic of dad & daughter (leaving mom out)?

Quote Reply
Re: christmas gifts [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not think she'd be offended, my mother was not. I think that would be an unusual reaction, but people are not allthe same. I lost my Dad when I was 17, the photo he had re-touched was from when I was 9. He got it from my sister.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband bought me a red Ducati 907 Paso two years ago-put the keys in a ring box-I thought I was getting jewelry :-)
Quote Reply