Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08
Quote | Reply
So, how'd everyone do last week? Tell us the good and the bad.

Me:
  • crappy, crappy, crappy week - I'm going to try to forget it and start over today
  • no workouts, no food log, nothing
  • maintained my weight which is the only bright spot

This week:
  • back to the P90X workouts every day
  • at least 2 runs
  • down 1 lb

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week: Ride the bike, ride the bike, ride the bike. Lift twice. Race cross on the weekend. Maybe both days.

Rode the bike every day. I'm at 21 days straight so far.
Didn't lift. Did do pilates at physical therapy.
Raced cross yesterday. No races to race on Saturday.

This week: Keep riding M-Th. Going to Boulder Fri-Sun, so I need to figure out what I'm going to do there. Only 12 weeks until the first big bike race.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week I did a bunch of runs -- not long, but trying to go quicker. Did some spinning. Swam with masters. Strength 2x. The best part is my diet is clean, finally. ZERO artificial sweetener all week. Lots of fresh veggies. Yay.

Highlight: 5k Turkey Trot with my 9 y.o. son. His first race ever. He loved it. :)
Quote Reply
Had a decent week. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Research and rough-draft the intro to my thesis CHECK
2. 5 cycling hours in at least 4 rides CHECK
3. 6 runs, one long of 1:53-1:55 YES on frequency NO on duration
4. Keep being good and eating enough :P NOPE down a couple pounds.

totals:
s: 5,800 yds (3x)
b: 5:30 (long ride 3:05. All on the trainer) (4x)
r: 57.3 mi (6x)

Was psyched to get the thesis intro researched and written, and am waiting to meet with my professor over it. Also stoked about the long ride. As for running - had a couple medium long runs (a 10.7 and a 12) but didn't get the 'long' one in (I did this AM though but it counts on this week!). Have been eating like crazy so was unhappy to see my weight down... but it was post-run this AM so maybe I was dehydrated.

Goals for this week:
1. Regarding one of my other posts - keep the food log - but don't write down calorie amounts. (am doing well so far today!!!)
2. Consistency and frequency in workouts.
3. Get a powerpoint done and rehearse it once for my Thesis Committee Meeting next week (this is the big wrap-up for this semester and it's quite important).

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 1, 08 12:42
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cathy, what's the big bike race?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snelling Road Race. It's 40-some miles (48?) out in the Central Valley of California. Rolling hills and wind. Probably lots of wind. It's the first big race of the year and most everyone shows up.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week did OK. Lost the 1.5 pound I'd gained the week before so that's good.
Ran 3x but that's all I did

Today is the first day of the 100/100 run challenge. I signed up for the 90/100 so I can grab some days off when I need them. So, goal for this week is obvious:
  • Run minimum of 30' a day, every day
  • Core work and free weights every other day
  • One 1 hour run on the weekend
  • Eat more vegetables!
  • Cut back on candy, it is creeping back into the diet

Vince and I got into the Ultraman Relay and I'll be doing the run so I gotta get my base work in!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08 [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Today is the first day of the 100/100 run challenge<<

Which challenge? Not the ST one, that's 12/15/08 start date.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D'oh! You are right :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't remember what I said I'd do specifically but I think it was "2-3" of everything... That's what I did! I am feeling lots more somehow "effective" with working out these days. Not going to analyze that too much, just enjoy it. :-)

Ran 3 times, one was a turkey trot in the town I went to hs in (fun!), one just regular, one long run of 80 minutes. woohoo!
2 bikes, one trainer, one stationary bike at gym
2 swims
2 strength sessions

Nothing was waaay hard or waaay long but it's becoming more consistent/frequent which is the BEST thing I can do now.

Food okay especially considering it was thanksgiving. Lost 1/2 a pound.

This week, 3 swims, 2 bikes (one better be outside!), 4 runs, 2 strength.
And, I hope I lose at least another pound. Well. HA I probably will if I actually work at it!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08 [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
run anyway ;-) you'll get a head start.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was not exactly a wonderful week for me, either :-\

-I only got in one swim, one run, and one short bike+run.
-I kept my eating in check for the most part, but had too many strange things for my tummy to handle on thursday that I spent until monday morning trying to recover ...ugh. By thursday evening I couldn't help myself. It had been three months since I had eaten ice cream, oranges, grapes, and yummy yeast rolls ...I figured I was already going to have issues with stuff I had eaten, so why not enjoy a little of the things I had been missing. I have to say, despite spending the next three days sick sick sick, a little part of me thinks the pumpkin cheesecake ben and jerry's was worth it :-)
-However, my third goal was to prepare an edible turkey ...it was awesome!!! I am soooo proud :-) Next time I am going to try a more complicated brining recipe and find a meat thermometer that won't melt during the first hour.

For this week:
-get back on a normal workout schedule, and try to lift at least twice (one done this morning).
-keep my stupid tummy happy!!!
-start preparing for my qulifying exam defense ...I can't really put anything together until I get my reviewer comments back on friday, but I can start at least outlining ...or something...
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 12/1/08 [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Highlight: 5k Turkey Trot with my 9 y.o. son. His first race ever. He loved it. :)

Very cool! Congrats!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1)
Stretch, Stretch, Stretch - Was able to get my stretching routine done 3 times. The hip flexors are starting to feel a bit better so I have got to keep this up.
2) Have a good TT in my Turkey Trot.-- Ran the 1 mile and 2 mile races as warmup and then ran the 4 mile as a TT. I had a huge PR of 31:24 which breaks down to something like 7:50s. But I think the course was a bit short. My garmin had my average pace at 8:10 which is still a PR for me.
3) Keep eating somewhat in check. -- done. weight stayed the same. However, lots of junk food has crept into my diet. I find myself eating less healthy stuff and replacing the calories with junk.

Goals for this week:
1) Stay with the stretching
2) Good TT on the bike (FTP test on the computrainer)
3) Beware of junk calories.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Mediocre week, could have done more...

1. train 7 hours...Nope, with our move I only got in 5:19...and I had a lot of time off work but spent that time on the move.
  2. get weight back to 173...nope 174 all week...
  3. 2 powerband workouts...did not do...BUT...I got in my first XC ski session of the year on the man made snow loop (great to have it and nordic skiing always firms up the arms....)
  4. Have a successful move to our new place near Cedar Lake...yep!, we are all moved in and unpacking...our new place is located in the mecca of outdoor training in the Twin Cities "The lakes"...very inspiring to constantly see people running, in line skating, nordic skiing, paddling, biking, ice skating right our our front door....

Next Week:
  • Train 7 hours
  • 2 xc ski workouts
  • finalize urban adventure run course and produce maps
  • get weight to 173 consistently in the morning

Last edited by: Steve-oH!: Dec 3, 08 10:05
Quote Reply