Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Womens at IMAZ
Quote | Reply
So we've got a couple womens at AZ for sure...

Alexia (#2276) just finished ~11:03 & 7th in her age group (and finishing with a strong last 6 miles too!). I turned on the video just a minute before she finished and she looked great! CONGRATS ALEXIA!

Sally (#2558) is also still trucking out there. Keep it up Sally!

Miranda (#69) was 10:06 12th overall PRO! FANTASTIC JOB MIRANDA! We know you needed that one! :)

Anyone else racing that I missed?

Quote | Reply
Yay Miranda!!!

Congrats to all the ST women's finishers.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [deee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wooohooo!!! Good for you, ladies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw someone racing in the Team Xantusia kit... got a pic of her on the bike I think. If it was you let me know and I will send it on :)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [kylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maggs thinks it might be Sally - would make sense!
There's also a picture of her being body marked on the Race Coverage (http://ironman.com/ then click on live race coverage & pictures... you have to go through a few pages).

Quote | Reply
Working on a race report ...will post in a few days.

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was with those last 6 miles? Everyone I looked at went way faster than the previous segment (literally everyone!) Downhill or something?
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [Oprah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know about everybody else, but once I saw the "mile 20" sign ... I just cranked it up because I wanted to get it over with!!!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P.R. for me by over 1 1/2 hours! I was so happy to see the same stuff for the final time that I naturally picked it up at the end. IMAZ is a wonderful course full of spectator and volunteer support.

Race report is that 3 IM swims have been within 60 seconds of each other, so nothing new. I did get hit in both the nose and teeth during the swim :-(

My bike ride was Gawd-awful bad! I have to sit down with my coach & find out how to go faster; course was superb, but I was in zombie land for nearly 7 hours.

Having a 3:27 marathon p.r. gave me confidence to know that on a good day, I could lay down a good run and at IMAZ, I did.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I told my self to hold out til mile 20 then let it rip.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone was featured on Ironman Live:

Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"That be me", with what looks like chunky swimmer-arms. #2558 is what she wrote. I was wondering why that photographer was so animated about being "in my face."

At that time, I hadn't put together that I was wearing the new kit; in fact, I may have still been sleep-walking when that picture was taken.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any other pics to share? We can put them up on the blog and website.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics and a race report!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes, the Oh. My. GAWD!! pic on the left is me and it sums up the swim. I had just been hit in the teeth and was swimming into someone who would punch me in the nose. Good times! The water was cold, but not Oceanside cold and my swim time has been nearly identical on every outing.

The bike was just awful! I mean really baaaaaaad. I need help and hope to get some at camp in April. Maybe it's just that my seat's too high ;-)

At marathon time, the race finally came together for me. Having done dozens made the day's end really special because I was able to prevent walk-itis from setting in and causing a third blown-up IM finish time.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did IMAZ for the third time last week. Had a great race and am ready to stay away from Ironmans for awhile.
Year one...14:32
Year two..13:02
Year three..11:52
I was hoping to skip the 12:xx time and get down to 11:xx and that is what I did. It's amazing how well a race can come together when you have great weather.
Jessica

Jessica
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [Jessica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way to go Jessica!!!! :D

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alexia is my new hero! That was just awesome. I was so happy to see NorthWest athlete Haley Cooper kick butt as well, taking 6th with a big PR after a tough day in Kona.

For me, this race was sorta like this whole season - something I'd rather forget and move past but I was finally shamed into writing my RR as well. I never seem to do well with posting pics here so it's over on my blog.

Onwards to 2009 !!!

Miranda
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMAZ [Miranda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you gonna kick some butt next season!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply