Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

good bib shorts for women?
Quote | Reply
I want to invest in another pair of bib shorts but want some feedback on what you ladies think are good. I'm a huge fan of bibs cause for me they are just way more comfortable so I'd like to stick with those. I've heard Pearl Izumi bibs are pretty good but I'd love any other suggestions. I've definitely had problems with comfort "down there" so I'd like to get a pair that I know come recommended (even though it's different for each person).

And speaking of comfort, I've noticed that if I get uncomfortable, it always seems to be on the left side and never on the right (more pressure, not really friction), which makes me wonder if it's an issue with my anatomy (the tissue just a little different on one side vs. the other) or what. Any ideas?

Thanks

--But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: good bib shorts for women? [tridoc83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Voler bibs that I like even more than the Pearl ones. I've always found pearl stuff to be a little diaper-like so I generally stay away from it.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have become a huge fan of bib shorts/one piece suits but only for riding my road bike. On my tri bike I use tri shorts. Here is what I used on my road bike this year:
1. Gore Bike Wear Body Suit. Has one rear pocket, is a one piece suit but I usually wear a jersey over it.
2. Assos Lady FI Bib Short...my favorite. Also can be worn alone or with a jersey over. Has one rear pocket with zipper and the largest/most cushioned chamois.
3. Exte Ondo bib. This one doesn't have as much padding and also is strictly a bib short and must be worn with a jersey. I would wear this on the tri bike, too, since the chamois is not thick.

I bought higher end brands but I got them all on ebay or other discount sites.
ETA: I guess us Jess's love our bibs. :)

Jessica
Last edited by: Jessica: Sep 21, 08 16:25
Quote Reply
Re: good bib shorts for women? [Jessica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what other brands have you folks tried?

i am trying to convince my girlfriend that she should probably try a pair of bib shorts out, but the only thing we can really get our hands on are some assos bibs that go for over $300.

she's into cycling, but not THAT into cycling... not yet, at least. ;)

i'm just trying to find something that would be suitable in the ~$150 range.
Quote Reply
Re: good bib shorts for women? [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite bibs:
Giordana with the O3 chamois, men's or women's
Hincapie are nice too.

Though I think chamois/short/bibs are darn near as close to saddles as being personal pref.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The left/right difference is almost surely a fit issue. (bike, not shorts)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I are both big fans of Desoto 400-mile bib shorts. As nice as any I have worn, and cheaper too.
Quote Reply
Re: good bib shorts for women? [Large] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have always wondered...

beyond the straps - which may give some girls brutal chafing on their chest - are there any issues that would prevent women from using men's shorts?

i guess the question really is, should i buy a new pair of bibs for myself and let my gf try them out once before i ride them to see if she liked them? or are women's chamois -that- different from men's chamois?

i suppose it would depend on the manufacturer ?

e.g., the chamois in sugoi's male rs line has a channel running right down its centre-line. i would imagine that it might prove to be a lot more irritating than, say, something from craft (their 07 elite bike short chamois had no channel running down the middle).
Quote Reply