Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Swim, Interrupted
Quote | Reply
5:40 AM today --- about 300 yards into my masters swim workout..... finally starting to w/u, letting my mind wander....and I came to the bracing realization that "the tooth fairy" had forgotten to make a deposit under my son's pilow last night!!! Dang!!! that was a quick workout! No cel phone to call for backup either. I cut it short but thankfully got home in time to slip a buck under there. heh heh

I'm sure other moms can relate to that "oh crap!" feeling just when you're getting into it....no time to reschedule so I guess I will put this extra energy into tomorrow's run. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, after posts like this it really makes you think that the folks at Slowtwitch should charge $$ per posting.

"Paulo knows where to find me."
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [ironjew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You know, after posts like this it really makes you think that the folks at Slowtwitch should charge $$ per posting.
Way to back yourself up there, buddy.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Douche - go crawl into the hole you came out of while lurking in the women's forum.

And they who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ROFLMAO!!!!

"Paulo knows where to find me."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand that "Oh crap" feeling. I have my own funny tooth fairy story though. One night my husband had a few too many drinks. He was searching in my purse in the dark for a $10.00 bill to put under our son's pillow. The next morning our little boy came running out of his room all smiles waving the $100. bill the tooth fairy left him. He ran over to the neighbors to show all his friends what he got from the tooth fairy. I can't tell you how irate the neighbors were at the realization the tooth fairy had left such a generous gift. Those were some expensive beers my husband drank that evening. We still laugh about it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess you didn't enjoy my post. Just sharing a little training moment. Have you ever hauled your butt to the pool , dove in, started a workout, and had to stop for a reason like that? It's kind of silly, a little frustrating, but overall a blessing and a somewhat unique collision of roles.

We all deal with different constraints, whether it's time , injury, body composition, budget for training gear, etc. This being a Women's Multisport forum I figured there might be some other moms here that have dealt with similar and might share a chuckle. Why expend negative energy critcising? Moving on.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [diva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would consider $10 pretty pricey, considering how many teeth they lose.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother's getting his wisdom teeth out Wednesday. I am so going to put money under his pillow for him, I feel so badly that he's going to miss out on all things Thanksgiving...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"got home in time to slip a buck under there"

I only got a quarter per tooth when I was a kid. That's inflation for you.:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to use that excuse sometime to get out of a Tuesday morning swim. Now I just need to find some kids and yank their teeth out :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on the location of your brother's wisdom teeth are, he could be a-okay for dinner on Thursday. When I was a senior in high school, I had my wisdom teeth pulled on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I came home that day, took some magic pain meds, and slept most of the day. When I woke up on Thursday I felt great and was able to eat dinner with no problems. I guess my teeth were not yet touching the nerves so it was an easy procedure. I will hope for the same for him :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too funny! We had a tooth-fairy moment this morning. My son lost a tooth a few weeks ago, but didn't want to leave it for the tooth fairy that night because his dad was out of town and he wanted to show him. We put it away for safekeeping and forgot about it. Apparently, without either me or my husband knowing, he got it out last night and put it under his pillow. He was VERY disappointed this morning that the tooth fairy hadn't shown up! Oops! I was already on the train, but my husband made up a story that the tooth fairy prefers the teeth be put under the pillow on the day they fall out. He told him that he should try again tonight and leave the tooth fairy a note asking for an exception!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [diva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The next morning our little boy came running out of his room all smiles waving the $100. bill the tooth fairy left him

Shit, that's more along the lines of a Wall Street bailout

Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
God love quick-thinking parents!

I only got a dollar or two when I was little too....I demand a tooth fairy reconciliation? Is that valid???

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's at least thinking he'll get lots of mashed potatoes on Thursday.

In the meantime the first T-day dinner is nearly ready... :D

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cute stories....good luck with the wisdom teeth. Stuffing is soft too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great idea! He'll love it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's not doing so hot. Threw up twice on the ride home - at least he's asleep now.

Poor Ian :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't want to say anything, but when I had my wisdome teeth removed in college, it was one of the most miserable weeks of my life. it wrecked my last spring break, senior year. Grrr.

Hope Ian feels better soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It's funny, he was throwing up after he left the dentist but then he got some sleep at home, came downstairs... mom and I got the sofa bed out for him, and the three of us just watched a movie. He says he feels fine though I am sure it's kind of like the calm before another storm. We just made him lukewarm spaghettios for dinner, he's wildly excited after not having eaten all day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its all the blood that ran into his belly during the tooth extraction that made him sick. Also, if he went under a general then the drugs can make people nauseus.

I too was horribly sick after I got mine out. I also had my tonsils out when I was 20 and I had the same problem.

You don't want to hear the horror stories of my wisdom teeth extration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Swim, Interrupted [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Its all the blood that ran into his belly during the tooth extraction that made him sick

and... I just lost my appetite for dinner.

uggghhhh I could never be a nurse, doctor, surgeon!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it still PC to say tooth fairy, I'm sure it offends someone.

Anyway, great story, kids come first, and these are the kinds of things that are remembered.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha I'm gals I'm not the only parent who has done that. I was in the middle of a road race when I remembered. We slipped a buck under the bed and told my son it must of slipped.
Quote Reply

Prev Next