Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kids or no kids? [THENICETWIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for your imput. I really do think I would like to have a family. But, I want to be married for a while and get to enjoy time with my (potential) husband for at least 5 years first. Oh, by the way, I'm 26.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids or no kids? [GOKARTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you for being honest! And, it may not help but take solace in the fact that those feelings are totally normal. I wanted kids and had some of those (and still do with the little one) feelings when they were small. Hopefully, for you too, it will get easier. Once they get a little older (like 4 and up), they start to be a lot more fun. It's still a lot of work, but a different kind and not so physically exhausting. Once they're about 7, they're a total blast. At least mine is. But, those early years are HARD.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids or no kids? [texastrigal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have to come to an internet forum full of strangers to get advice on this one, my advice is go get your tubes tied stat!
Quote Reply
Re: Kids or no kids? [falk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rude. We could do without that stuff here, thanks.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have been on and off with a guy for six years! He truly wants to have children, and would marry me tomorrow if I could commit to wanting the same.[/quote]
Maybe it's the way you wrote them (wording) but those two sentences threw up red flags when I read them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." - Charles De Mar
Quote Reply
Re: Kids or no kids? [deee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: Kids or no kids? [falk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted the opinion of some like-minded individuals, who share the same interests I do, and how kids have effected their lives. Get over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26 is still quite young. I have been married for over 6 years and both my husband i want to have children but we seem to enjoy our lifestyle too much and have all these plans that we keep putting it off. When i turned 30 this year it kind of dawned on me that the time is running out but we are still in no rush. You being 26 have plenty of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are so right about the changes in your life.

Tough but very important decision... for my wife and I the kid raising portion was tough. Especially during the two older one's teenage years. One was ADD and the other was ADHD. And on top of that the third was was diagnosed with neurofibromytosis. It was a exhausting time of advocacy in the schools, the community, and so very sadly in the extended family... one of the hard lessons we learned is you don't stand up for your child nobody else will.

That being said... we have an absolutely wonderful adult relationship with three hard working young adults. Two have earned baccalaureate degrees and the youngest just completed a six year hitch in the Marines and now is working as a civilian Striker mechanic.

Looking back we never could have imagined how it would turn out. But ask us if we'd do this again, probably not.

Jay
"Don Quixote De La Mancha": "They are giants: and, if thou art afraid, get thee aside and pray, whilst I engage with them in fierce and unequal combat."’

Jay
Quote Reply

Prev Next