Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seat Bag that won't rub a hole in my shorts?
Quote | Reply
I seem to have a problem with my bike seat bag. The velcro strap that goes around the seatpost rubs against my leg and eventually wears a hole in my bike shorts. The hole occurs only on the one side where the velcro strap ends.
I tried trimming the strap so it ended at the front of the seatpost, but then it wasn't long enough to secure the bag and the bag kept coming un-velcroed.
I have also tried making a fabric cover for the velcro but it looks like I have a scrunchie around my seat post.

Anyone have a suggestion for a new seat bag that might avoid this problem?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Bag that won't rub a hole in my shorts? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try duct tape around the velcro-- I had the same problem, and this did the trick! (But not after losing a couple pairs of shorts)...

Jen
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Bag that won't rub a hole in my shorts? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These bags are awesome! http://kriegcycling.com/home.aspx

Also, what I did is went to Lowes and got some velcro strips (6' long) comes in a roll. You cut it to length, and I made my straps longer so they wouldn't "flip out" and rub my shorts.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't use a seat bag.

the pockets on your jersey are there for a reason ;)

in what are arguably two of the smallest pockets on any jersey (sugoi 'fuel' tri jersey), i fit 5 energy bars, keys, money, health card, interac card, 3 allen keys, spare tube, tyre lever, and a co2 cartridge.

i seriously don't know what else you would need during a ride, other than that.

if your jerseys' pockets are smaller than that or they don't have pockets, you don't have the right jerseys!
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Bag that won't rub a hole in my shorts? [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just am lazy and like to leave my fix it "kit" in my bag so it's always there and I don't have to think about it - if it's on my bike then I'm good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Topeak wedge.

Uses a saddle rail mounted clip mechanism to secure the bag, so no strap round the seatpost.
I have a second clip on the race bike and can swap the bag onto that bike in about 3 seconds. Like you I prefer having the kit on the bike at all times.

Topeak also do them in various sizes, from the small wedge to expanding bags suitable for holding rain capes as well as tools.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply