Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shower Drain
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies.

I wanted to know if you've ever found a shower drain - screen/hair catcher that worked (and didn't clog the drain just by the nature of it's design)?

My wife has thick long hair, she loses more than I grow. When she takes a shower, she tries to catch anything that she can and set the loose hair aside until after the shower, but she doesn't get it all. She doesn't like the little hat things that sit in the bottom of the drain because they slow the drain to much even before there is any hair caught. I take apart and clean the drain once ever 2-3 weeks, because it starts to back up. The good news is theirs a little + inside the drain that catches alot of hair, so it doesn't make it to the tanks.

Thanks!!!
Scott

i'll go back to the LR now:)

The fatfoot is coming....
Quote Reply
Re: Shower Drain [TTBooooda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried something like this? Probably a trip to Home Depot would be your best solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Shower Drain [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That won't work yet. I couldn't find a picture of what we have, but it's the standard 1/4 turn and it falls down/seals sort of thing.

I think, until i remodel the bathroom, i'm either sol, or have to invent something.

Thanks,
Scott

Quote Reply
Re: Shower Drain [TTBooooda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, I know what you are talking about. Those things can be pulled out if you mess with it a bit. Once you get it out you can use the new drain cover. Problem does come up when you want to take a bath and sealing it so the water doesn't drain out.

A trip to Home Depot is in order I think. Who can resist that??

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Shower Drain [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe you are correct. Thanks!!!!

Quote Reply