Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

update on my knee pain
Quote | Reply
OK, So I finally got all checked out by the sports rehab place on Saturday. They did a bunch of muscle testing and looking at how I move.

My kneecap doesn't track in a straight line. It gets pulled outwards. My abducting muscles are all much stronger than the adducting ones.

Additionally, my low back muscles and shin muscles are weak, and I don't have a lot of dorsiflexion in my ankles.
They want to put me on a 4-6 wk program going up to this place 2x per week but my schedule (class 3x per week and work 40 hrs per week) won't allow, not to mention the cost.
Quote Reply
Re: update on my knee pain [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please reconsider. or at least do the therapy at home. after a dozen or so marathons and a buncha tris ect over the past two decades, i'm now looking at a total hip replacement this winter. i seriously believe that if i'd taken care of problems when they were relatively small, i wouldn't be out of commission today. in any event, best of luck & sorry to hear the news.
Quote Reply
Re: update on my knee pain [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no. I'm going to do SOMETHING about this, just not driving 30 mins each way and paying tons of dough. If I can get some exercises to do at home, or find someone closer to my house to work with me, I for sure will do that.

In the meantime, the pain doesn't hit until I've ran 20 miles (at one time), which since I have no upcoming marathons, isn't anything to worry about.

I also get regular ART treatment and will be letting my ART therapist know what the evaluation results are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there-
I think if you are straight forward with them and let them know its too much- if they are any good they should be able to do it once a week or every other depending on the acuteness of the problem. I am just coming off a long injury and finally found this awesome place but it was 45 min- 1 hour drive and they gave me a boat load of exercises for the week and I was diligent and did them to the tee and then the next week they would give me more. I think if they are good they can figure out a way to get it done without the twice a week. They may just suggest that for the lay person who isn't self motivated and needs to have their hand held during exercises. Doesn't hurt to ask... hope that helps!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: update on my knee pain [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are willing to work something out for me to come up 1x per week and have home exercises otherwise. I'm getting an estimate on cost, I got a couple of estimates from around more locally too from a trainer I know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully you can see them once a week for 2-3 weeks and then taper down to every other. Just be sure if you don't use a PT that your trainer really knows what they are doing. After 21 mos of an injury, I have learned there are many professionals that don't know what they are doing even though they talk a good game. Good luck! Hit it hard now and go easy on your training until its better.

COtrimom

Quote Reply