Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!"
Quote | Reply
I had a The Womens moment at the gym today. After reading a few of recent threads about asshole men (redundant, that), I think I was the asshole today. Here goes:

I was lifting at my gym this afternoon. The back wall of the gym is made up of almost floor-to-ceiling windows. As I'm lifting I glance up and notice a red sports car parked outside. Cool, I think. I look again and notice it's a Ferrari. A brand new red Ferrari F430 Spider. Very cool. More than cool. I lack the words, in fact, to fully quantify the level of cool this car exuded. So, naturally, I stare. Probably slack jawed. Pretty sure I wasn't drooling. Did I mention it was a Ferrari. A new F430. Spider. Red.

About this time, I snap back to reality and notice a Womens is standing in my line of sight. Funny, I hadn't notice her before. And, she's looking at me. Like I'm naked but for a raincoat. And it hits me, she thinks I'm looking ... no, staring ... at her. So, I say, to be polite, and to let her know I'm not the perv she clearly thinks I am: "Sorry, not looking at you. I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you." She turns to look at the Ferrari. Then she kinda laughs. And then I think she notices the other three or four mens (sic) staring at the Ferrari.

Here's the car: http://www.forbesautos.com/.../Ferrari/F430_Spider

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [jcurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good story! and yes, nice car.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [jcurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha ha, funny story.

Mens that stare aren't the jerks, its the ones that try to run you off the road during a race or that say mean stuff or make it really hard to pass them. But that is a different thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might have been staring at the car too.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAHA!!! Great story!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad she laughed it off. Some women would be upset that you were staring at them and then upset when they found out you weren't. :)
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm glad she laughed it off. Some women would be upset that you were staring at them and then upset when they found out you weren't. :)

QFT!

"Why is that creepy guy staring at me with his mouth open... eeewww!!!"

"Sorry ma'am, I'm looking at the car behind you"

"Well ok.... so what's wrong with me??? I'm not hot enough to stare at???"

bwwaaaahhaaahhaaa!!! no wonder men don't understand us... hehe

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it! Now swap out genders here and there would be some really hurt feelings. We make fun of women about it, see posts already on this thread, but I imagine a male ego would really take a hit in this situation as well. Especially if it was one of those weight lifter guys I see at my gym. :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me, I generally check out every bike that rides by me and I kind of want to wear a shirt that says "I'm just checking out your ride" because I'm sure about a million people out there have thought I was leering at them.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Get me one of those shirts, because I do the exact same thing...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe we can get Ericka and Tribabe to make them for us cause I sure could use one as well!!
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is an awesome idea! I'm putting on my list!
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put me down for one of those, Erika. That is if you do them in men's sizes. Hmm, since we have met I should qualify and say US small! :-(

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll buy one ;-)

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, I'll work on a design this week. It's a great idea!
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"Sorry, not looking at you. I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you."
regardless of whether this is mens-says-to-womens or womens-says-to-mens, the quick thinking member of the opposite sex would say:

"what, didn't I park it straight?"

Paul

ErgVideo.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [Paul Smeulders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and it only took you 33 days from the original post to come up with that gem
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [brikins13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not like things move quickly around here.... ;-)

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: "Sorry. Not looking at you ... I'm looking at the Ferrari behind you!" [brikins13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha! I only noticed thread today, appears Julian did the bump.

so this is one of them delayed "oh yeah, the jerk store called and they're all outta YOU"...moments by George Costanza

ErgVideo.com
Quote Reply