Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I did something that I'm not totally proud of ... [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL Oh the CUTE!!!

But no, maybe not so intimidating, though I don't think of mine as being intimidating either.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was once walking to a class down Market Street in SF (main street downtown) and had to walk through a bit of a sketchy area. I studied martial arts for a few years and it becomes ingrained. As I was walking, some drunk or stoned dude came up and within my personal space asking for money or something and my automatic reflex was to throw a forearm block which caught him square in the jaw and sent him sprawling. At the same time, "Get the $U#& out of my face" came out of my mouth in a voice straight from "The Exorcist". Needless to say, I was given a very wide berth by the rest of the street people.

Good for you for sticking up for yourself.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awwww... look at the little killing machine. ;-) Here's my four-legged assault weapon:

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
actually we're all proud of you..

It's normal for the adrenaline from something like this to leave you feeling somewhat sick and dizzy afterwards, don't mistake that for feeling bad about what you did.

I'm amazed that this kind of nonsense is still so common, thought that the US at least was semi-enlightened. My wife's stories from running in South Africa twenty years ago are hair-raising but it hasn't been an issue here at all.

A South African story from the new SA, same as the old SA for women, is here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next